If you are looking for a cheap or affordable smartwatch, you are reading the right article. This article is about the OnePlus watch review. The OnePlus Watch is the first super fantastic smartwatch from OnePlus. This smartwatch outperforms the more expensive competitors in a lot of main areas, including elegant design and a week’s worth of battery life. However, since it runs on its operating system, it can only load the preinstalled collection of simple software, and its companion mobile app is currently only available for Android. Despite a few software flaws that betray its first-generation status, the OnePlus Watch is a good value for money, particularly when compared to Samsung and Apple competitors.
Advantages of Oneplus Watch Over Other Smartwatches
- Battery life of a week
- Style that is simple and elegant
- The OnePlus watch has a sleek display and nice brightness.
- The OnePlus smart watch is not expensive
Disadvantages of Oneplus Watch
- Only simple fitness monitoring is possible.
- Software flaws
- There is no option to add third party applications.
Factors To Consider Before Choosing a Smartwatch
Before purchasing a smartwatch, there are many factors to consider. It is extremely dangerous to buy any product without first taking such precautions. You would be spending time at the end of the day if you did this, and you would not get the product you need. As a result, you must weigh a variety of factors to find the best product for your needs. However, for this post, we’ll stick to these factors.
How well does your smartwatch work with your phone? We often recommend that you choose a smartwatch that is compatible with your phone. A Wear OS smartwatch, for example, would not easily pair with an Apple smartwatch.
Some smartwatches, on the other hand, easily pair with phones that are supposedly incompatible. You should keep an eye out for one that fits your needs. We recommend getting a smartwatch with the same brand name as your phone. In the next point, we’ll go through this in greater detail.
The person making the purchase has a say in the brand they want. We recommend that you get a smartwatch that matches your phone’s brand. Apart from compatibility problems, this improves the performance of your smartwatch and provides you with a great user experience. Other well-known brands, on the other hand, have good Android compatibility. They are:
Is it a matter of choice between luxury and necessity? What is your financial plan? First and foremost, you should understand why you want the smartwatch. Is it for the sake of luxury or the sake of necessity? This will help you stick to your budget and prevent you from overspending. There are budget smartwatches and there are best cheap smartwatches to choose from. Only figure out which one fits best for you.
What’s the point of having a smartwatch? What functions do you need from your smartwatch? There are two crucial questions you should ask yourself before buying a smartwatch. Getting a smartwatch that can’t do anything you want it to is a complete waste of money and energy. When purchasing a smartwatch, you should consider the Chinese best smartwatches for men or the Chinese best smartwatches for women, depending on your needs. These smartwatches come with a variety of features, including the ability to receive phone calls as well as health and fitness reminders.
This applies to the smartwatch’s appearance and feel. Since the features of a smartwatch go beyond its appearance, many people still pay close attention to how their smartwatches look. If the appearance of your smartwatch is important to you, you should take this into account. While paying attention to the other features on your smartwatch, you should be on the lookout for an elegant and classy smartwatch. The screen type of your smartwatch also falls into this category and there are two types of screen that smartwatches come in. They are;
- LCD: This is the kind of display screen that is black and white. The majority of smartwatches in this group are not colorful. They do, however, have a long battery life since the screen type uses less power.
- AMOLED/ OLED: Unlike LCD screens, AMOLED/ OLED screens are extremely colorful. Smartwatches with this form of the display are usually vibrant and appealing. However, this screen style needs a lot of power to operate, which reduces the smartwatch’s battery life.
Almost everybody has dealt with this issue at some stage in their lives. Any gadget’s pulse is its battery life. A device with insufficient battery life will not work properly. The gadget’s owner suffers as a result of this. When purchasing a smartwatch, we recommend paying close attention to the battery type and power.
Know how long your smartwatch battery will last in standby mode and use. A decent battery should have a standby time of 30 to 35 days, whereas a good smartwatch battery should have a working time of 14 days. Typically, smartwatches with a short battery life would have more functionality than those with longer battery life.
A warranty is a written promise from the manufacturer to the customer, agreeing to fix or replace the product (as applicable) within a certain time frame. The majority of warranties last between 6 and 12 months after purchase.
A product’s warranty varies depending on the manufacturer or business. Certain damages, such as touch screen problems, are not covered by certain warranties, whereas others are.
This should help you decide on a smartwatch before buying one.
Specifications of the Product
The table below shows the major specifications of the OnePlus smartwatch. This gives a brief summary of the highpoints of this chinese smartwatch.
Cobalt Limited EditionLeather strap with butterfly buckle ×1
Fluoroelastomer strap ×1
|Modes||Sport modes, sedentary reminder, health tracker, outdoor modes.|
|Sensor||Accelerometer, gyro, barometer, compass, heart rate, SpO2|
|Dimension||46.4 x 46.4 x 10.9 mm (1.83 x 1.83 x 0.43 in)|
|Battery||Li-Ion 402 mAh, non-removable|
|Weigh||45 g (1.59 oz)|
|Features available||Always on display.Others include; All-day wear, intelligent heart rate detection enabled, nighttime sleep detection enabled, message notifications enabled (up to 150 messages, 6 calls, 3 alarms per day), the screen lights up 100 times a day, 30 minutes of Bluetooth calls per week, playing indie music 30 minutes per week, and an average of 90 minutes of exercise (GPS enabled) per week.|
|Price in Ringgit Malaysia (RM)||744.00|
Features and Benefits
Design and display
The OnePlus Watch has a 1.39-inch AMOLED touchscreen display with a resolution of 454×454. Because of the watch’s large size, the monitor is also very large, making it easy to use the touchscreen to fit more details on-screen at once. The display is very sharp in terms of image quality, thanks to the generous 326ppi pixel density. Small text and iconography are not as jagged as they are on many other smartwatches. Since the UI is primarily dark, the AMOLED panel ensures that the backdrop is still completely black.
Surprisingly, the OnePlus Watch is one of the few watches that does not have a ridiculously oversaturated AMOLED screen like several others. The majority of colors seem vibrant, but not overly so. However, since the display has a low bit depth, there is some visible banding on some gradient watch faces. Maybe the problem is with the watch faces.The touch sensitivity is average. It’s not super sensitive, which can be jarring if you’re coming from a smartphone, but it works fine for the most part.
There are five manual brightness levels and an auto mode on the monitor. From the drop-down control panel, you can easily switch between three manual modes and auto mode. Under direct sunlight, the show is bright enough, but the auto-brightness is rather conservative. Indoors, the display is always too dim, so I had to turn to manual brightness. However, it appears that this is a OnePlus problem, as even their smartphones behave in the same manner.
There are two big drawbacks to the show. To begin with, there is no always-on mode, which means you must lift your wrist each time you want to check the time. Second, you can’t toggle on the projector by tapping it. When the screen is turned off, the touchscreen is disabled for whatever reason.
When the watch’s screen is off for whatever reason, the touchscreen is disabled, so the only way to wake it up is to lift it or click one of the side buttons. Now, the raise to wake feature works well, but it’s not as good as some of the best smartwatches on the market, and it’s even worse than the OnePlus Band, which woke up with the slightest tilt of your wrist. The OnePlus Watch, on the other hand, needs a deliberate twist and lift to wake up, which isn’t always practical. Even if the raise to wake is flawless, the ease of having an always-on show is unrivaled.
The watch has a 402mAh battery. This power, according to OnePlus, provides up to two weeks of continuous use or one week of battery life for more active users. We considered the above argument to be more accurate, with the Watch lasting five or six days before having to be recharged – which is still much longer than most other smartwatches. Other fitness-oriented wearables with similar battery life don’t have as large a display as the OnePlus Watch.
Even better, the included charger charges the watch from 0% to 50% capacity in 15 minutes, and from 50% capacity to maximum capacity in less than half an hour. Smartwatch batteries aren’t big, and most recharge in under an hour, but considering how long the OnePlus Watch lasts, getting enough charge for a full week’s service in the time it takes to watch an episode of a sitcom is pretty impressive.
Support for remote camera control of Android smartphones (Android phones running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and higher) from the watch; 12-hour time format; four languages: German, Italian, Spanish, and Polish; all 110+ exercise modes; and AI watch face
Improved GPS performance; improved activity tracking accuracy (walking and running); improved heart rate monitoring algorithm; allowed notification app icons for the most frequently used apps; improved raise-to-wake function; optimized notification syncing algorithm; fixed some known bugs; and improved system stability.
Performance & Software
The OnePlus Watch has an unspecified OnePlus-built chipset – we asked about the details of the silicon in the watch, and the company has yet to react – and 4GB of onboard storage, of which 2GB is available for media. The watch performed well in our testing, with no hiccups or slowdowns when placed through a variety of tasks. The OnePlus Watch does not run Google’s WearOS, but rather its custom operating system (called OnePlus Watch OS). There are advantages and disadvantages to this, and on the plus side, we don’t see WearOS watches competing with the One.
The OnePlus Watch does not run Google’s WearOS, but rather its custom operating system (called OnePlus Watch OS). There are advantages and disadvantages to this. On the plus side, we don’t see WearOS watches approaching the OnePlus Watch’s battery efficiency, which we attribute to OnePlus owning both the software and hardware of the wearable.
On the other hand, this means that the OnePlus Watch will be limited to its pre-installed settings. They have easily legible interfaces and cover all the bases you’d need – exercises, heart rate, blood oxygen sensor, clock functions, and so on. Though smartwatch apps are much less (and even fewer that are worth downloading) than smartphone apps, seasoned wearable users are likely to have a favorite WearOS or watchOS app that they will miss on this device.
However, the OnePlus Watch is less expensive than more customizable smartwatches – a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, for example, would cost almost twice as much if you wanted more software on a watch with similar shine. The custom interface is clean and basic, emulating some of WearOS’s cardinal-direction-swipe navigation. The app menu will appear when you press the top-right physical button. Apps will be listed vertically in the app menu.
In terms of software, if not hardware or design, the .OnePlus Watch feels like a first-generation product, but it has potential if these quirks can be ironed out – they don’t limit the smartwatch’s usability, but the overall experience is a little unpolished and frustrating.
Connectivity & Compatibility
The OnePlus Watch is compatible with most Bluetooth earbuds, and it can attach to the OnePlus TV to serve as a smart remote, turning off the television when the wearer falls asleep. The OnePlus watch has a bluetooth connectivity specifications to other devices of 5.0, A2DP, LE.
The OnePlus Watch is marketed as a wearable for advanced health tracking, and while it is capable for the price, it isn’t the most advanced health smartwatch on the market. The OnePlus Watch, for example, promises 110 workout modes and 15 professional fitness modes, even though only a dozen or so workout modes are supported at launch.
If you’re serious about getting in shape, however, one of the best fitness trackers is probably a better option. Over-the-air updates will bring all 110 fitness modes and outdoor cycling monitoring in the OnePlus Health app, as well as an updated GPS, to OnePlus Watch users.
The OnePlus smartwatch covers your smartwatch for two (2) years from the next day of the activation date against any unintentional drops, crashes, breakage, or liquid damage, as well as defects in materials and workmanship when used normally for one (1) year from the expiration date of the manufacturer’s warranty period.
Oneplus smartwatch include the following specifications:
- Dimensions: 46.4 x 46.4 x 10.9 mm (1.83 x 1.83 x 0.43 in)
- Weight: 45 g (1.59 oz)
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Waterproof (5ATM)
- Display Type: AMOLED
- Size: 1.39 inches, 12.5 cm²
- Screen Resolution: 454 x 454 pixels, 1:1 ratio (~326 ppi density)
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, barometer, compass, heart rate, SpO2
- Battery: Li-Ion 402 mAh, non-removable
- Colors: Midnight Black, Moonlight Silver, Cobalt
Other unique features
Other Unique features of this product include:
- Price: $159
- Size: 46mm
- Storage: 1GB + 4GB
- GPS: Yes
- Water resistance: 5 ATM
- Battery life: 14 days
Realme Watch S
The OnePlus watch has a longer standby time and a stronger battery capacity than the Realme watch S.
- Color: Black
- Weight: 48g (with wrist strap)
- Battery: 390mAh
- Standby Time: 15 Days
- Screen: 1.3”
- Resolution: 360*360
- Sensor: 3-axis Accelerometer Sensors, Heart Rate Sensor, Photosensitive Sensors, Wearing Monitoring Sensors
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, Work with realme Link, Support Android 5.0+
- Health monitor: Resting Heart Rate, Exercise Heart Rate, Heart Rate Warning, Blood Oxygen Measurement, Automated Heart Rate Measurement, 24-hour Real-time Heart Rate, Resting Heart Rate, Exercise Heart Rate, Heart Rate Alert, Blood Oxygen Measurement Activity Records, Sleep Detection, Steps During the Day, Calories, Water Reminder, Idle Warning
- Sport Modes: Outdoor Run, Yoga, Indoor Run, Football, Outdoor Cycle, Aerobic Capacity, Strength Training, Badminton, Basketball, Rowing Machine, PingPong, Indoor Cycle, Elliptical, Stationary Bike
- Pro Display.
- Find phone features
- Pro health.
- Many sport modes
- Pro smart.
- Pro performance.
- It is more expensive than the lesser versions.
- Realme Watch S Pro cannot be a medical device.
- Blood oxygen information is not stored on the Realme Watch S Pro.
- Lower sport modes
- Limited data which makes display inconvenient
The OnePlus watch has a longer standby time and a stronger battery capacity than the FK88 SmartWatch.
- 1.78 fullscreen
- Encoder knob
- Bluetooth call
- True heart rate
- Step counter
- Universal 42/44 various straps
- Platform: MTK2502C
- Product Modeling: Smart Watch
- Case: Alloy
- Strap: Silicone
- Charging method: charging stand
- Color: black, gold, silver
- Main screen: 1.78 HD IPS, 320*385
- Touch screen: 2.5D curved capacitive full-fit touch screen
- Bluetooth push: timely reminders via SMS, WeChat, and other information and communications
- Heart rate detection: heart rate control, which continuously monitors the pulse.
- Pedometer: phase counter, calorie counter, and workout mileage tracker
- Sedentary reminder: It’s time to get out of bed, work out, and change your bad habits.
- Sleep monitoring: quantitatively record and analyze your sleep status in a scientifically objective manner.
- Anti-lost reminder function for mobile phones. Searching in both directions
- Bluetooth music playback: Use the watch to listen to music.
- Bluetooth version and function: 3.0 and 4.0 support Bluetooth calls
- Specifications of the battery: 320MAH high-capacity polymer
- Captivating screen display
- Find your phone feature
- Bluetooth versions of 3.0 and 4.0
Amazfit BIP U Pro Fitness Smartwatch
The OnePlus watch has a longer standby time and a stronger battery capacity than the Amazfit BIP U Pro Fitness Smartwatch.
- Screen:1.43” Large Color Screen
- Battery: 230mAh lithium-ion polymer battery
- Bluetooth: BT5.0/BLE
- Brand: Amazfit
- Operating system: Android, iOS
- Standby time: 9 days
- Strap length: 118mm (long version), 76mm (short version)
- Touch screen: 2.5D glass + anti-fingerprint coating
- Waterproof rating: 5 ATM
- Warranty: 1 Year
- GPS: You can monitor your walking distance, pace, heart rate changes, calories burned, and other main metrics like whether you’re in the fat-burning or cardiopulmonary-strengthening zones based on your heart rate, as well as get instant notifications when your heart rate rises too high.
- Blood-oxygen Level Measurement: The tracker, a newly updated biological optical tracking sensor that supports measurement of blood-oxygen saturation, is included in this smartwatch. You will test your blood-oxygen saturation to understand your physical stamina when you’re sick, under mental stress, participating in intense exercises like marathons and exercise sessions, or high-altitude and hypoxic conditions.
- Sleep Quality Monitoring: The watch tracks your sleep phases, such as deep sleep, light sleep, REM, awake time, and afternoon naps, and interprets the data to give you a sleep quality score and recommendations for improvement.
- Compile vital health data into a simple score: PAI is a health-evaluation framework that employs algorithms to convert complex data such as heart rate, activity length, and other health-related information into numerical values and present it to users. The time, location, or type of exercise have no bearing on PAI’s functionality. Furthermore, it provides a personalized health assessment framework for each consumer based on their specific health data, ensuring that everyone has a personalized experience.
- Tracker: The Amazfit Bip U can help you keep track of your menstrual and ovulation cycles, as well as warn you before they come so you can prepare ahead and prevent disturbances. When fully powered, you can unwind and enjoy more than a week of travel or work without having to worry about running out of power. Enjoy up to nine days of operation and improvement by carrying only one charger.
- Built-in mic
- 15 days return
- Heart rate tracker
- Low battery capacity
There you have it! The OnePlus watch Review. The OnePlus watch offers so much and promises you all you can ever ask for in a Smartwatch. The OnePlus Watch lives up to its promises of lasting up to a week, and you’ll need to charge it even less often than most smartwatches even after 5-6 days of heavy usage. The OnePlus Watch isn’t cheap, but it’s a lot less expensive than popular smartwatches like the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 and Apple Watch 6. The OnePlus Watch is a good choice if you want a lot of features for a reasonable price.
Furthermore, with a sleek build and a classy polish on its metal case, the OnePlus Watch’s looks are one of its best features. It’s quite big, but it’s also quite stylish. If you feel that the OnePlus smartwatch isn’t the best option for a smartwatch in malaysia for you, then you can consider alternative products like the Realme S smartwatch. The smartwatch has a lot to offer and is from a reputable brand. Also, the Amazfit BIP U Pro fitness is a good choice. However, the OnePlus watch has a stronger battery than these two products. Click here to view the product.