Summers are hot in Malaysia and can be very draining. If you stay in a tropical region like Malaysia, you’ll need to use sunscreen more often. Sunscreen provides UVA/UVB protection, and is vital especially for people with oily skin. If you have oily skin, you’ll know the struggle of trying to manage the excess oil especially during humid weather.
That’s why the top brands have developed sunscreen for oily skin. Whether you’re going to the beach or just going out to run errands for the day, dab on some sunscreen and enjoy the sun without worry.
- 10 Best Sunscreens for Oily Skin
- 1. Innisfree Perfect UV Protection Cream
- 2. BIORE UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50
- 3. Heliocare Advanced SPF 50 Gel
- 4. NARUKO Tea Tree Anti-Acne Sunscreen SPF50+++
- 5. Eucerin Oil Control Sun Gel-Cream Dry Touch SPF50+
- 6. La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF50+
- 7. Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Skincare Milk
- 8. Senka Perfect UV Sunscreen Gel
- 9. Wardah UV Shield Aqua Fresh Essence Sunscreen SPF50 PA++++
- 10. NIVEA Sun Care Protect & Light Brightening Sunscreen SPF50
- Guide for Choosing the Best Sunscreen for Oily Skin
- Frequently Asked Questions
10 Best Sunscreens for Oily Skin
We know how challenging oily skin can be especially in hot weather. So, here’s the list that’ll help you find the best sunscreen for oily skin on the Malaysian market!
Formulated with sunflower extract, this is a great sunblock for oily skin. Also effective for acne-prone skin, this product has a broad spectrum SPF that safeguards your delicate skin from harmful sun rays and whiteheads. The sunscreen cream acts as an oil cleanser and reduces other skin problems like acne during hot months. It has a waterproof formula that does not make your skin feel sticky. This sun protection formula helps you retain hydrated skin for hours and takes away the shine.
- It gives protection to your skin from sun damage and breakout.
- It is one of the best cleansing oils by brightening your skin tone.
- The cream is a fragrance-free product.
- Expensive product
- Difficult to be absorbed by the skin
- Needs to be blended slowly
Buy this lightweight sunscreen SPF to get rid of extra oil from the face. It contains all the organic and safe ingredients such as water, glycerin, super hyaluronic acid, and others. Sodium acetylated hyaluronate gives long protection from harmful blue rays. Apart from that, super hyaluronic acid also rejuvenates your skin and leaves it fresh with its misty fragrance. This product is water-soluble and gives a good result in hot weather.
- Super hyaluronic acid reduces dryness and gives an enhanced appearance by eliminating oil and stubborn makeup.
- Easy to rinse and remove with hands.
- Simple to blend and add with usual makeup products like waterproof mascara
- Does not work in intense sunlight and may give low irritation
- Very thin and runny texture
Heliocare makes great sunscreen for acne-prone skin. This gel contains antioxidants that make your skin soft and can intensely hydrate it. Heliocare Advanced SPF 50 makes your skin feel nice because of its light formula. It also controls sweat and makes your skin oil-free. Moreover, this is the best sunscreen in Malaysia for neutralizing sun damage and aids to maintain the skin’s moisture balance.
- The beauty product is recommended by dermatologists.
- Long protection from UV rays.
- Repairs your skin easily after sun damage.
- Does not work in direct sunlight for a long time
- Comes in a small pack
- Not waterproof
Surviving in the hot weather of Malaysia without an effective sunscreen lotion is impossible. This beauty product is the best sunscreen for oily skin that can be used with usual heavy makeup products. The tinted color of the lotion suits the natural tone of the face. One of the best points of this lotion is that it is easy to spread on the face. The natural formula of this oil cleanser replenishes your skin by removing excessive oil.
- Creates an extra layer on the skin for great protection
- Light on the face and removes stubborn makeup instantly and easily.
- Does not give an unpleasant greasy feeling.
- It does not remove blackheads
- Works on combination skin only
- Using this lotion in high amounts may lead to skin breakouts
Blemishes and acne are common issues that accompany oily skin. This sunscreen is a candidate for the best sunscreen for oily skin because of its organic formula and mineral oil. Packed with Advanced Spectral Technology, this sunscreen neutralizes free radical damage done to the skin. This Glycyrrhetinic acid-based sun cream repairs dead skin cells. It has a non-oily texture and removes extra oil. You can add this product to your existing skincare routine.
- Good for the oily and sensitive kind.
- Reduces dark spots and pimples.
- It can be your daily oil cleanser and gently remove dirt.
- Acts as a shield during summer to save your skin from sun damage.
- Not fit for all skin types.
- It does not unclog pores.
- It may stain clothes and heavy fabrics.
Developed specifically for sensitive skin, la Roche Posay Anthelios is a must-have beauty product for Malaysian women. This La Roche Posay sunscreen (SPF 50) is formulated to be soothing for sensitive skin and dry skin. The product also reduces the problems of sun damage and sunburns. This lotion includes a non-oily sun protection formula for regular use.
- Infused with natural elements like glycerin and contains no alcohol.
- Softens your skin and maintains its natural shine.
- Makes skin feel soft due to high water content.
- It is a costly sunscreen lotion for regular use.
- This sunscreen does not open pores.
- Not perfect for all types of skin.
Choose the best sunscreen for oily skin in Malaysia that helps to keep the sun’s rays from damaging your skin. It is good for women who suffer from pimples. The natural formula includes water, zinc oxide, and extracts of the Rosa Canina fruit. Help your skin feel fresh and fragrant with this milky sunscreen.
- Waterproof sunscreen lotion that mixes easily with other makeup.
- Hydrates the skin from within.
- Improves skin complexion.
- Easy to remove with water, daily cleanser, or any makeup remover.
- Thin and watery consistency.
- May leave an unpleasant greasy feeling.
- Suits only dry and sensitive types of skin.
Senka brings a new-era sunscreen formula infused with water, hyaluronic acid, and other natural components. You can apply a small amount of this gel on your face before stepping out for a sunny day on the beach. It makes a great choice as a sunblock for oily skin.
- Reduces sebum and sweat
- Ultimate protection to the skin from blue rays
- Nourishes the skin from within
- Not very effective in intensely hot climates
- It needs to be reapplied regularly
Hydrated skin goes a long way to keep you fresh during hot weather. You can pick this sunscreen for oily skin in Malaysia for a noticeable soothing sensation. It’s fragrance free, and you will not get a greasy texture on the skin after applying it. You will get the highest protection from sun rays.
- This serum gets absorbed by the skin instantly.
- Reduces sunburns and redness.
- Nice product to use before swimming and playing beach sports.
- Easy to remove with lukewarm water.
- This product may leave a white residue on the face
- Does not improve skin tone
- Costly product for daily use
Nivea has always been a boon for many women. This broad spectrum sunscreen can be used regularly. Formulated with natural items such as Cetyl Alcohol and citric acid, this sunblock for oily skin also works as a moisturizer. Make sure to avoid applying it near the delicate eye area.
- Continuous protection from sun damage
- Increases collagen levels in the skin and gives a radiant-looking face
- Suitable for daily use
- May form a sticky residue on the face
- Not suitable for kids
Guide for Choosing the Best Sunscreen for Oily Skin
In Malaysia, and its increasingly hot weather, you definitely need the best sunscreen for oily skin while going out in the sun. There are a plethora of wonderful beauty products in the Malaysian market today. So, how do you choose the best sunscreen Malaysia has to offer?
Sunscreen for oily skin should be free of colorant, sulfates, scent, and chemicals. It must have an SPF level of 50 and more. Let us dig deeper and discuss how you can choose the right sunscreen for your skin.
One common skincare goal is to make skin clearer and more radiant. Or perhaps, your primary goal is to protect your body from the sun’s UVA/UVB rays.
Another common skincare goal is to gain relief from skin conditions like eczema or to treat acne. If you’re here because you think you have oily skin, then you’re looking for sunscreen that does more than protect your skin. You want a product that’s hydrating and ideally gel-based.
There are several skin types that may affect the products you should use. The most popular types include oily, combination, dry, and sensitive skin.
Using the wrong products may lead to skin redness,inflammation and itchiness. Make sure you read the labels of the sunscreen products you purchase. If you’re purchasing online, read product descriptions and reviews.
Usually, natural sunscreens are safe choices for all skin types.
When it Comes to Oily Skin…
Oily skin demands a lot of care on a regular basis. But sunscreen acts as a protector when you want to be under the sun. Picking the right product with a suitable SPF level is important to get rid of extra oil and gain natural beauty. Do not pick oil-based sunscreens if you have oily skin. You can choose water-based creams, or gels. These sunscreens also provide hydration to the skin.
Ingredients to Avoid
Sunscreen lotions come with natural components, sulfates, and other elements. Treating oily skin is more difficult than treating other skin types. Ingredients such as sulfates and parabens worsen oily skin. While picking a suncream for an oily face, avoid lotions that contain octocrylene, benzophenones, and cinnamates. Pick gels that contain jojoba seed oil, mineral oils, coconut oil, and macadamia oil. Elements like high purity olive oil and macadamia oil help to nourish your skin.
We discussed why sunscreen lotion is necessary for the body. From the above list, we think the best sunscreen Malaysia has to offer is the NIVEA Sun Care Protect & Light Brightening Sunscreen SPF50. It leaves your skin feeling fresh and looking radiant. Nivea’s sunscreen lotion is lightweight and comfortable to use. You can wear it with foundation or waterproof mascara or other waterproof makeup products.
Another effective sunscreen is BIORE UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50. It is a luxurious sunscreen suitable for all kinds of skin. This lotion does not have parabens, fragrances, or chemicals. Your face will get broad spectrum protection from UVA/UVB rays of the sun after applying this lotion. It is also an affordable product and has a pleasant smell.
So go on and add the right sunscreen to your skincare routine today!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should be the SPF of sunscreen for oily skin?
There are several sunscreen lotions and creams on the market. All of them have different sunscreen SPF levels. According to the experts, the best sunscreen for oily skin is the one that has a sunscreen SPF level of 30 and more. Any cream with less than SPF 30 makes skin greasy and sticky and leads to blockage of pores. It also takes away natural shine and leads to breakouts.
2. Does sunscreen need to be used daily?
Yes, you must use sunscreen daily to save your body from the UVA and UVB rays of the sun, especially if you have oily skin. Your skin feels fresh for several hours. It also reduces sun damage and provides moisture like a cleanser. Sunscreen reduces aging signs and works more than just hydration. You can use sunscreen for the whole year to gain natural beauty.
3. Sunscreen for different skin types?
Sunscreen creams differ according to skin kind. Water-based sunscreens are generally developed for women with oily face. Those with dry skin must use gels and watery essence. Women with delicate skin must choose a sunscreen that can open pores, double cleanse and reduce breakouts. Avoid using sunscreen creams with colorant, scent, and fragrance on sensitive skin. Lightweight gels are suitable for combination types and give a tight feeling.