A setting spray is like the glue that helps hold our makeup together even during hot and humid days. If you want the minerals and vitamins from the setting spray to be absorbed into your skin, it is recommended that you use a mist right after your toner and before your face serum or moisturizer.
Due to the numerous settings sprays available in the market, we’ve listed 17 of the best setting sprays available in Malaysia.
- 17 Best Makeup Setting Spray Products in Malaysia
- 1. Silkygirl Makeup Setting Spray
- 2. NYX Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray
- 3. Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Setting Spray
- 4. RIMMEL Insta 2 in 1 Primer Setting Spray
- 5. MAC Fix+ Magic Radiance – Make Up Setting Spray
- 6. IN2IT Blur & Matte Mineral Make-up Fix Spray
- 7. CHARLOTTE TILBURY Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray
- 8. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Setting Spray
- 9. Pramy Moisturizing Makeup Setting Spray
- 10. ELF Mist & Set Magic Mist
- 11. PHOERA Setting Spray
- 12. Glowing Pink Spray – EKIN BEAUTY ORIGINAL
- 13. Colorkey Makeup Setting Spray
- 14. Benefit The POREfessional Super Setter Makeup Setting
- 15. WET N WILD Photo Focus Setting Spray
- 16. BELLA PARK x CHRISZEN Setting Spray
- 17. Carslan Makeup Setting Spray
- How to Choose the Right Setting Spray
- Frequently Asked Questions
17 Best Makeup Setting Spray Products in Malaysia
Silkygirl’s lasting makeup setting spray keeps your foundation looking fresh and flawless all day. This lightweight and refreshing spray is infused with natural ingredients including Chamomile, Witch Hazel, green tea, and aloe vera to help keep your skin looking fresh and hydrated throughout the day.
- 3 in 1 setting spray
- Enriched with natural extracts
- Scent may not be to everyone’s liking
Use the lightweight NYX Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray to eliminate shine and leave a fresh appearance all day. This long-lasting, lightweight formula gives your makeup a matte finish while also ensuring that your look stays put. This finish is perfect for people who are looking for a shine- face of any oil.
- Vegan setting spray formula
- It gives you a matte shine-free finish
- Sometimes it comes out in droplets instead of mist
The Urban Decay makeup setting spray seals in your makeup for a perfect finish that lasts all day. It uses patented Temperature Control Technology to reduce the temperature of your makeup to lock in your look. The urban decay setting spray prevents your makeup from smearing, fading, or settling into small wrinkles for up to 16 hours.
- Helps makeup last up to 16 hours
- Uses temperature control technology
- Can be hard to find in stores
Rimmel London Insta Fix & Go 2 in 1 Primer & Setting Spray is a multipurpose makeup setting spray that can be used on top of or below your makeup. This fast-drying formula works to lock makeup in place for eight hours without feeling sticky or tight on the skin. To get an ideal finish and extend the wear of your makeup, all you need is one application of the Rimmel setting spray.
- Double formulation
- Has a long-lasting effect
- Contains alcohol which might not be suitable for sensitive skin
The MAC Fix+ Magic Radiance – Make Up Setting Spray is formulated with vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and other skin-loving elements to leave with healthy and radiant skin. Its Moisture-Shield Technology locks in moisture while leaving a lightweight finish that won’t interfere with your makeup. As one of the best makeup setting sprays, this hydrating mist gives your skin a boost of radiance and ultra-hydration, leaving it smooth, supple, healthy-looking, and glowing.
- Dewy setting spray
- Hydrates, brightens and refreshes skin
- Has a strong chemical smell
IN2IT’s cosmetics makeup mist is ideal for achieving a natural makeup look. It prevents makeup meltdown, firms up your skin, tightens pores and controls oil. It is also a mattifying setting spray. To ensure that your skin remains plump and healthy, it’s infused with glycerin, sodium hyaluronate, and aloe vera.
- Minimizes the look of pores
- Controls oil and shine
- Can cause irritation for sensitive skin
Makeup stays on for up to 16 hours without melting or settling into creases with this spray. This makeup mist is a hydrating, alcohol- and oil-free product. This multipurpose, lightweight setting spray from Charlotte’s Collection provides you with the perfect canvas for makeup application and quickly locks in your look with a flawless, pore-blurring finish.
- Offers anti-aging benefits
- Softens lines
- It has a strong fragrance
The Maybelline lasting fix spray provides a matte finish to your makeup look for up to 16 hours. This light-weight spray controls shine for a longer-lasting, shine-free make-up look throughout the day. Maybelline’s setting spray is made with soothing witch hazel; it is non-acnegenic and does not clog your pores.
- 24-hour oil control
- Non-comedogenic formula with witch hazel
- Ideal for oily skin or combination skin
- Not suitable for those with dry skin
Using water moisturizing gloss film-forming technology, the Pramy Moisturizing Makeup Setting Spray forms a moisturizing gloss protective film for 15 seconds to lock and protect the makeup all day. Hyaluronic acid and rose dew are added to this hydrating and moisturizing formula to deeply hydrate and achieve water-oil balance. Pramy setting spray comes in two varieties: Moist Glow and Matte Finish.
- Get no smudge makeup all-day
- Offers hydration and radiance
- Contain ethanol which may irritate acne-prone skin
Looking for the best drugstore setting spray? The ELF Mist & Set Magic Mist is a great contender. Proud to be 100% vegan, this setting spray is free from phthalates, parabens, and sulfates. The multipurpose setting spray is infused with vitamins B, E, and Arctium Majus root, thus giving your makeup a long-lasting, shine-free look in seconds.
- Lightweight and hydrating
- Prevents color from running
- Makes the skin feel a bit oily
The PHOERA makeup spray is a 3 in 1 fixing spray that helps you achieve a flawless base, an even skin tone, and a matte finish that lasts up to 24 hours. Ideal to use as a primer and corrector, this formula will help prepare the skin for makeup application, as well as improve the skin tone for a naturally flawless finish.
- 3 in 1 setting spray
- Lightweight and easy to apply
- Some have found the scent to be unpleasant
The EKIN BEAUTY ORIGINAL Glowing Pink Spray is a hydrating, aromatic setting spray consisting of 95% natural ingredients. It contains Vitamin F, which helps to eliminate acne and increase skin elasticity, as well as glycerine, which helps to retain moisture, and panthenol, which is calming and anti-irritant. It doesn’t have sequins, but it does have a sheen that gives the skin a lovely glow.
- Gives you glowing skin
- Nourishes the skin
- Has a sickly sweet fragrance
Suitable for oily skin, the Colorkey Makeup Setting Spray is a dynamic clear mist setting spray that uses the double-sided film method to hold makeup for 12 hours. This refreshing spray uses the Triple Moisturizing Mechanism to supply moisture to the skin. The light and comfortable mist released from the micron atomization nozzle seals the makeup and keeps it sitting in place for a long time.
- Double-sided makeup effect
- Micron atomization nozzle for gentle spray
- Not suitable for dry skin
Benefits The POREfessional: Super Setter Pore-Minimizing Setting Spray is a multifunctional, long-lasting set spray that keeps your makeup in place for up to 16 hours. For a natural-looking, soft-focus finish, this water-based solution incorporates pore-blurring powders that softly disperse light and significantly minimize shine. It minimizes pores instantly, feels light, and absorbs fast for a perfect finish that won’t smear or transfer.
- Instant mattifying effect
- Alcohol-free, waterproof and smudge-proof
- It is expensive
With the WET N WILD Photo Focus Setting Spray, you can say goodbye to fading and say hello to a flawless makeup application. This lightweight formula prolongs the wear of your makeup by avoiding cracking, smearing, fading, or creasing, as well as minimizing shine. This hydrating product with aloe vera keeps your makeup in place while moisturizing your skin. With only a spritz, you’ll get a naturally dewy look that lasts all day.
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Suitable for all skin types
- Moisturizes the skin
- Not easy to find in stores
The BELLA PARK x CHRISZEN Setting Spray is formulated with natural moisturizing agents, sodium lactate, and sodium gluconate. These natural ingredients provide 24-hour moisturization and a glossy finish without leaving skin feeling oily or sticky. It’s a water-based product that keeps your make-up appearing hydrated and fresh all day long.
- Provides glossy effect without a sticky feel
- 24-hour hydration effect
- Some users find the scent to be stange
The Carslan Makeup Setting Spray is a gentle, natural setting spray that makes your skin feel silkier. This setting spray makes a rapid film in 30 seconds using a micron atomized pump head, which helps to lock the foundation makeup firmly. Due to its well-positioned nozzle, you only set the makeup once as you will be able to touch the whole face evenly.
- Lightweight and natural
- Fast film formation
- Micron atomized pump head produces gentle spray
- May not control oil for extremely oily skin types
How to Choose the Right Setting Spray
Not sure on whether you should choose a dewy or matte setting spray? When selecting the best makeup setting spray, it is important to consider your skin type.
- Setting Spray for Dry Skin
If you have dry skin, get a spray that promises moisturizing effects and offers a dewy finish. These types of makeup setting sprays will give you a hydrating finish and prevent chalkiness.
- For Oily Skin or Combination Skin
People with oily skin are recommended to use setting sprays that are lightweight, with oil control, or have a matte finish. They help prevent makeup from smearing and help the skin appear shiny throughout the day.
- For Sensitive Skin
If you have sensitive skin, it would be best to find a setting spray that is fragrance-free and is formulated with ingredients that won’t react to your skin, for example, hyaluronic acid, to keep your skin in healthy shape. Pay attention to the ingredients labeled in your makeup spray.
Setting sprays make sure that your full face of makeup looks its best at all times.
For people with oily skin types, the best setting spray to use is the NYX Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray, while MAC Fix+ Magic Radiance – Make Up Setting Spray is perfect for those looking to boost their glow.
However, at the end of the day, makeup residue can build up on the surface of your skin. So, make sure you use cleansing oils to remove the impurities before you go to bed.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you use setting spray before or after makeup?
Applying makeup setting spray should always be your last step. The best makeup setting sprays help to lock in your look, preventing you from having to reapply any of your makeup products during the day.
2. Is setting spray really necessary?
If you want your makeup to last, you’ll need to use a setting spray. Setting sprays protect and prolong the life of your makeup.
3. Which is better: spray or powder?
A setting spray gives a softer look with less visible texture, whilst a setting powder absorbs oil. Setting spray, unlike powder, is used to keep your makeup in place all over your face rather than in specific regions.