It is easy to rely on hand mixers or whisks for small-scale baking. However, using those, no matter how powerful and durable, can make a mess of things. Although hand mixers have proven to be useful for quick mixing, if you think you’ll be baking often, a stand mixer is what you need.
Nowadays, heading to the store to choose a stand mixer can feel overwhelming because there are so many options on the market! Plus, not all stand mixers are very user-friendly nor do they all offer good long-term value.
That is why this best stand mixers Malaysia review has been put together. Let us help you choose the best stand mixer in Malaysia!
12 Best Stand Mixer in Malaysia
The Kitmens KM-B5 is a highly durable, efficient, heavy-duty mixer. What’s more, you can personalize your mixer with your name in any font of your choice. But that’s not all, this stand mixer is very silent (a noise level of about 52.6dB), so you can use it at any time of the day without worrying about disturbing your neighbors.
- Contains a wire whisk, dough hooks, egg beater, pouring shield, and a 5.2 litre stainless steel mixing bowl
- Powerful motor (DC) up to 800W for kneading large batches of dough
- LED display with large font for monitoring speed and duration of mixing
- Countdown timer and speed control setting (up to 8 levels for faster mixing).
- Comes with a pasta attachment, a grater, grinder attachment, and slicer for higher versatility
- Heavy-duty stand mixer
- Digital display for constant monitoring
- Can be personalized for a housewarming gift
- Non-slip rubber base
- Could be prone to wobbling as it’s fairly lightweight
This is another powerful and quiet stand mixer working at a noise level of 39-58 dB per usage. This stand mixer uses soft-start technology that begins the kneading starts gradually until it attains the desired speed. Also, it pauses automatically whenever the motorhead is lifted up even while the mixing process is going on. This is an especially important safety feature.
- Comes with a dough hook, flat beater, wire whisk, detachable dust shield, and transparent pouring shield.
- Soft-start technology
- 6 suction cups for stability during fast mixing
- Power cut release safety system
- An affordable option
- Good safety features
- Quiet operation
- Wide range of speed settings
- It’s not ideal for heavy-duty mixing in large batches
This is one of the many premium stand mixers that can be used to knead large amounts of bread dough. Apart from its sleek design and cool color, it is designed with a 7-liter mixing bowl and 11 speed settings. It also has countdown settings which makes it easy to double tasks while baking. So if you are looking for a powerful stand mixer that still fits into a modern home, this is it.
- Powerful motor up to 1500W for large mixing
- Contains a whisk, dough hook, flat beater, and a flex edge beater.
- 7-liter bowl capacity and speed control up to 11 levels
- Digital touch screen and countdown timer
- Full aluminum cast body
- Auto-stop function
- Very sturdy even during fast speed mixing
- Large mixing bowl
- Sleek and lightweight design
- Quite expensive
Ordinarily, the Innofood stand mixer already holds a spot, producing some of the best stand mixers around the world. Popular for its professional series, this KT-7500 7L stand mixer can knead 1kg of dough in just 15 minutes or less, especially with 11 speed levels for better mixing control. It also has a splash guard that helps to minimize messes on your kitchen counter.
- Contains a twisted U-shaped silicone scraper for fasting scraping
- Stainless steel bowl and attachments
- 11 speed levels
- Wide inlet splash guard
- 7L bowl capacity with base guard and handle.
- Tilt head design for more convenience
- Very effective as it’s a heavy-duty mixer
- Solid metal eliminates wobbling during mixing
- Does not offer a very quiet operation.
You can already tell from the name of this mixer that it’s for light usage. With only 3.5L mixing bowl allowance, this 700W powerful motor mixing machine can knead bread dough with a dough hook, medium mixtures with a flat beater, and light mixtures with a whisk. It has a mixing speed setting up to 6, a detachable splash guard, and a pouring shield, this durable and portable stand mixer sits as one of the best stand mixers in Malaysia for light usage.
- Plastic mixing bowl with 3.5L capacity
- Three stainless steel components including a dough hook, flat beater, and a whisk
- Splash guard and pouring shield for minimal mess
- 700W motor power consumption and non-slip rubber base
- Auto Shut off to prevent overheating
- Portable for storage or travel
- Offers 6 adjustable speed settings
- Auto-shutoff safety feature provides peace of mind
- Cannot be used for professional and large kneading
- Not very user-friendly
Though KITCHENAID is known for its many premium stand mixers, the 5-Quart Artisan Tilt head Kitchenaid stand mixer is one that is both high-quality and versatile. Aside from its 4.8L stainless steel mixing bowl, it uses planetary mixing action to knead thoroughly. It also has 10 speed settings that allow you to control the speed from slow to higher mixing speeds.
- Steel planetary gears
- Consists of a dough hook, transparent pouring shield, wire whip, and a beater
- 300W power consumption motor
- 4.8L stainless steel bowl
- Tilt-head design
- Requires little to no manual intervention
- Planetary mixing ensures that all dough is mixed
- Available in several colors
- No countdown timer
- Quite loud while kneading
- Not for heavy-duty mixing
This Kenwood chef XL stand mixer made it to this list because it is easy to use and saves time in the kitchen. Having over 20 attachments including a splash guard, spatula, creaming beater, dough hook, K-beater, and a whisk, this kitchen assistant can help in more ways than mixing. The Kenwood chef stand mixer has a 6.7L stainless steel mixing bowl and a 1200W power consumption.
- Over 20 attachments including a spatula and a splash guard
- High-quality bowl tools
- Electronic speed control
- 6.7L stainless steel bowl capacity
- Powerful motor up to 1200W
- Its many attachments make it multifunctional
- Large mixing bowl capacity
- Has quite a plain design
You can comfortably mix up to 1kg of flour with the PerySmith stand mixer without making a mess of your kitchen. With a powerful motor of 1200W and 6-speed levels, it manages to work efficiently when mixing batter. The mixer also comes with a flat beater and a metal stirring hook for more convenience and more even results.
- 1200W mixer motor
- 6 speed settings and a detachable 5.5L stainless steel bowl
- Transparent lid for minimal kitchen mess
- Metal stirring hook and flat beater
- 2-year warranty
- Helps to contain splatters when mixing
- Strong mixing power
- Cannot be used to mix dough
The 7-speed electric hand stand mixer is one of the most popular stand mixers in Malaysia because of its decent price and general functionality. As one of the best stand mixer models, it can be used both as a hand mixer and as an electronic stand mixer. It has 7-speed settings and a decent 200W motor with a 2-litre stainless steel bowl. It has a beater and dough hooks for more versatility.
- 2 litre mixing bowl made from stainless steel material
- 7-speed settings
- Has easily detachable double-beaters
- Very affordable for those on a budget
- Doubles as a hand mixer
- Highly durable
- Cannot work efficiently with large amounts of dough
- Low motor strength
This is also among the decent stand mixers in Malaysia that can double as both a hand mixer and a stand mixer. With only 2 liters bowl allowance, this mixer can’t be used for heavy-duty kneading but rather as a portable travel mixer. It works with a 160W motor which offers decent power. There are 5 speed levels to ensure continuous mixing as well as an ergonomic tilt-back stand.
- 2L detachable rotating mixing bowl
- 5 speed settings for different baking needs and a tilt back stand
- Added attachments including a dough hook and beater
- 160W motor
- Highly affordable
- Doubles as a hand mixer
- Rotating bowl
- Low motor strength makes it unsuitable for heavy-duty mixing
Also among the compact stand mixers in Malaysia, the Butterfly BM-4351’s mixing bowl is only 3 litres in capacity with a decent amount of attachments including a beater, dough hook, wire whisk, and a strong base. It also has up to 8-speed adjustment levels and 500W motor which makes it very similar to the work of a heavy-duty stand mixer. The mixer also has 4 suction cups at the base that are used to maintain balance and stability.
- 3 liter stainless steel bowl with 4 suction cups for stability
- Contains stainless steel wire whisk, hook and beater
- 500W strong motor with 8 speed increments
- Compact design
- Can be used for heavy-duty in small fractions
- Does not wobble during mixing process
- Not very durable since hooks and beaters are made from plastic
ELBA Stand Mixer [ESMB-9925S]
As one of the most popular stand mixers to mix bread dough on a budget, this mixer has received several good reviews. The 4.2L mixing bowl comes with durable steel attachments and can handle up to 3.2L of mixing batter in one go. With 5-speed increment levels, it runs with a 300W motor and has a turbo setting to do higher mixing speeds.
- 300W motor with turbo speed setting
- 4.2L mixing bowl
- Steel beater and hooks
- 5 level speed settings
- Compact and very durable
- Very affordable
- Anti-slip rubber at base for stability
- Not portable or easy to store
Guide to Choosing the Right Stand Mixer
There are many types of stand mixers in Malaysia. But with the right guide at hand, you can easily find the best stand mixer for your unique baking needs.
The capacity of your mixing bowl determines two things; how well it will fit in your kitchen and how much batter it can contain in one go. For instance, if you have a small kitchen then you would need a more compact mixer.
Power refers to the motor of the electric mixer. The more power it consumes, the more heavy-duty the mixer is. If you use your mixer for light mixing of cookies and fluffy cakes, then you don’t need to invest in large power mixers. However, mixers used to mix bread dough usually need a lot of power for a more even mixture.
The extra features are 100% based on personal preferences. Some of them include silent operation, firm bowl base for sturdiness, additional attachments, colors, tilt-head design, planetary mixing methods, and so much more. Though these added features make the work easier, you should also note that they add to the price of the mixer.
Now that our best stand mixer Malaysia review has reached its end, you can safely select which one works best for you.
However, if you are still a little confused, we’ve got your back. You can start with the Corvan stand Mixer M47. It is best for starters, keeps the noise to a minimum, is compact, and is very durable.
A more budget-tight option is the Butterfly BM-4351 3L stand mixer which also maintains stability while mixing. Though the noise is a little louder than other mixers on this list, it is still a good stand mixer to mix all kinds of dough and batter and a more affordable alternative.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the types of stand mixer models available?
Stand mixers are of two different types; a tilt-head stand mixer and a bowl-lift stand mixer. The major difference between the two is in how the mixer bowl can be accessed. While the latter is accessed by tilting the hinge of a tilt-head mixer, a bowl-lift mixer simply allows the user to lift the bowl up and down.
2. How to clean a stand mixer?
Stand mixers are easy to clean because they are made from materials like stainless steel or aluminum. To clean a stand mixer, simply wash the bowl with soap and water. Then clean the body of the mixer with a soft cloth. Ensure that you clean after every use to maintain your mixer.
3. What is the benefit of a stand mixer?
Though it has the same function as a hand mixer, it is more powerful and can help you mix larger quantities of baking dough in shorter amounts of time. It can also help you multitask while you do other things. But aside from these, it can also add to the aesthetic of your kitchen.