Your journey to a clean and organized life can start with you acquiring the right tools and a good vacuum cleaner is definitely one of them. Obviously, you want to go all out and get the best there is. With that in mind, Philips vacuum cleaner Malaysia products are equipped with great features that are well worth your money.
You’re better off getting a vacuum if your current goal is to have a clean house despite your busy schedule. And because we know how nerve-wracking it can be to sift through the various vacuum cleaners on the market, we have prepared this Philips Vacuum Cleaner review to make your shopping journey easier!
Main Types of Vacuum Cleaners
Essentially, you can find three main types of vacuum cleaners suitable for residential houses in the stores. Each has its pros, cons, and unique features. They include:
These cleaners are designed in the form of a cleaning head that has an attached handle and bag. This vacuum stands on its head that supports every other part of it. It sucks in dirt through this part. The upright vacuum removes dirt through vibrating and sweeping motions. These motions are created by a rotating brush roll or beater bar.
The new dawn of vacuum cleaners saw the removal of the traditional cord present in vacuum cleaners. What has replaced the bag is a permanent container instead of the bag that has to be replaced. The cylinder is transparent so when you clean, you can see the dirt as it piles up. That way, you know just when it is filled up. It also contains filters that trap allergens and bacteria. After each cleaning session, the dirt is thrown away and the container is replaced.
Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
The cordless vacuum cleaner is powered by a battery. This way, you don’t have to struggle through several wires connected to a terminal while cleaning your home. With these modern models, you don’t need to worry about having strategically installed plug points or cord length. These cordless vacuums are often easy to clean with because they are lightweight but have strong suction strength.
Health Benefits of Vacuum Cleaning for You and Your Family
If you’re still undecided on why you need a vacuum cleaner, here are some unquestionable reasons why this home appliance is important for you.
Improvement of Domestic Hygiene
If you’re reading this, you’re most likely a modern-day individual, often consumed with work and with so little time for leisure. Should your busy schedule take its toll on the state of your home? Surely not. And a vacuum is the most convenient solution.
As it turns out, a vacuum is not only effective in improving the overall state of your home. It has been shown time and again that vacuuming your home is an effective way to exercise. It provides you with cardiovascular conditioning while simultaneously working your legs and arms. To reap the maximal benefits of this brisk activity, switch from hand to hand frequently so that you exercise both sides of your body.
Improvement of Indoor Air Quality
Your vacuum does much more than improve the physical look of your home. They significantly improve the air quality of your home through the release of filtered air from the exhaust of the vacuum. There are many types of filters like the HEPA filter and pet filter for pet hair. So when next you vacuum your home, you can rest assured that you’d be inhaling healthier air in no time.
Eliminates Mite Infestations
Your mite allergen issues can be laid to rest with a good vacuum cleaner. With the help of the specially crafted filter, dust mites in your home are trapped whenever you vacuum your home. The fact that it reduce the dust in your home is another way it gets rid of dust mites. This is because with the dust gone, nothing is present to attract the dust mites to your home.
Everything You Should Look Out For When Buying a Vacuum Cleaner
While searching for the best vacuum for your home, consider these vacuum cleaner buying tips!
Performance of the vacuum is what makes it easy to clean with. The performance of a vacuum refers to its ability to effectively pick up dust from hard floors and carpets. It is rated from A to G, with A being the highest pick up rate and G being the least. This means that the closer your vacuum is to A, the better it would pick up dust particles from both hard floor and carpet. Every vacuum comes with its own rating, so be sure to look at the specifications to know what is the grade of any vacuum cleaner you want to purchase.
If you often have allergies caused by fine dust, mites, or pollen, this one’s for you. Thankfully, some vacuum cleaners come with UV disinfection technology and a HEPA filter. They serve to disinfect surfaces and filter dust mites on any flat surface they come in contact with. They neutralize viruses, bacteria, parasites, or fungi present on surfaces.
With features like the HEPA filter, you may as well consider your allergy problems as a thing of the past!
Quality and Durability
Ideally, the first step before purchasing a vacuum is to map out what you hope to do with it. Some people use their vacuum to clean only their carpets, while others use it to clean their entire house.
If you intend to use it to clean your entire home then you should consider getting a lightweight vacuum cleaner. The last thing you want is to turn an activity that should ordinarily reduce your stress into the source of your stress.
Ease of Use
When you get a new machine, you should consider getting one that wouldn’t prove very difficult to use. You would be using a vacuum to ease the stress of household chores, it doesn’t make sense that you buy a machine that would make this process tedious. A good portable handheld vacuum cleaner is simple to use and easy to clean.
If you have a problem with the noise produced by a vacuum cleaner, you should consider getting a vacuum that produces lower decibel noise. Generally, vacuum cleaners produce sound between 50db to 75db. The noise produced by your vacuum can be worsened by a dirty filter, so try to clean your filter regularly.
Worthy of note is that the bagless vacuums we mentioned earlier have permanent custom-made tanks where dirt is stored. So instead of those traditional bags that have to be discarded, you have permanent tanks that can be discarded of their content and replaced after every cleaning session.
That being said, a preferable option would be opting for vacuums that have at least a 1-liter capacity. That way, you would not have to empty it several times in one cleaning session.
When buying a vacuum cleaner, you should consider how easy it would be to store the machine in your home. For instance, can it fit into a utility cabinet? Or your laundry room? Your mode of storage is important because bad storage of your vacuum could decrease its lifespan. Literally!
If you intend to employ your vacuum cleaner in cleaning every nook and cranny of your home, you may consider those with several attachments. This way, your vacuum can be used to clean all parts of your home.
For example, some products provide several nozzle attachments that can be used for vertical cleaning. You may also consider some products that provide crevice attachments or an integrated brush that help you clean hard-to-reach areas of your house.
Other Features That are Nice to Have
You may want to consider getting a model with a good cord length (long cord). This way, you wouldn’t have to change power points every five meters of your cleaning.
You may also want to consider the price of any vacuum cleaner you want to buy. Frankly, we consider spending so much on a vacuum for a residential house bad financial advice. Everything you need in a vacuum can be reaped from a non-overpriced product. Some of the best vacuum cleaners fall into this category.
Read the Reviews
You may want to go through the reviews on any vacuum you want to purchase. So if you’re going through this Philips vacuum cleaner review now, you’ve already taken a step in the right direction. Reading the reviews of any vacuum cleaner you want to purchase is important. This way, you get to learn the firsthand user experience of the model and ascertain if it’s the right fit for you.
When buying a vacuum cleaner, consider buying from an online store that offers free delivery. You can pick up an older, trustworthy, and popular model to save the hassle. Purchasing from a trusted seller ensures good packaging and safe arrival of your product.
A trustworthy brand helps you streamline your choices of a good vacuum. Consider going for some products manufactured by trusted brands in the industry like Philips Vacuum Cleaner Malaysia products.
The Best Philips Vacuum Cleaner Malaysia
Here are some of the best Philips Vacuum Cleaner Malaysia options. We’ll take a look at their specs, pros and cons.
#1 Philips Cordless Stick vacuum cleaner 8000 Series (XC8043/01)
The Philips Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner 8000 series offers everything you could ever wish for in a vacuum cleaner. It effectively removes sticky spots and disease-causing microorganisms from your floor and carpets.
- It comes with a unique vacuum and wipe nozzle that cleans the floor and wet wipes it in one cleaning session.
- Unlike other cordless vacuum cleaners, the Philips Cordless Vacuum cleaner gives maximum power in one charge. It can clean about 125m² on a single charge and last about 80 minutes.
- It comes with a 360° suction nozzle that picks up dirt from all sides of the nozzle. With one swipe of your nozzle, it picks up 99.9% of the dirt on your floor.
- Extra-long crevice tool makes it flexible.
- Accessories and attachments are easy to use.
- Cannot be adjusted to any length of your choosing
- Soft dusting brush cannot be separately fit into the crumb vacuum cleaner.
#2 Philips SpeedPro Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner FC6721 (FC6721/01)
With the Philips SpeedPro Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, much more cleaning can be done in so little time and with little energy.
- It contains a 360° suction nozzle that picks up dirt at all angles, working every crevice and edge of your home.
- It comes with an inbuilt triple filtration system that ensures that only clean air is returned to the motor. What this means for is that the machine would be able to supply high-flow air for longer periods.
- You would be timely informed about the battery percentage of the machine and its speed through its smart digital display.
- In terms of battery life, it can last up to 65 minutes on Eco runtime, 30 minutes on normal mode, and 21 minutes in turbo mode before another recharge is due. Its battery is a 25.2 Vi lithium-ion model.
- Comes with a dust bucket that can be easily emptied.
- Attachments are very easy to use.
- May experience difficulty in picking up large particles.
- Cannot be placed in the center of the room.
#3 Philips PowerPro Aqua Vacuum Cleaner and Mopping System FC6404 (FC6404/01)
The Philips PowerPro Aqua vacuum cleaner is a novel 3-in-1 vacuum that consists of an integrated bagless vacuum, handheld vacuum, and mopping system.
- This machine’s functioning system is a PowerCyclone technology. It drives a tremendous amount of air into its nozzle making for maximal uptake of dirt in one sweep.
- It can clean all floor types from carpets to hard floors with its TriActive Turbo nozzle.
- Its battery is a powerful 18V Lithium-ion model that provides a good battery life (about 40 minutes). Its charging time is about five hours.
- It comes in a compact design that makes for easy maneuverability and flexibility.
- It can cover about 50m² in one cleaning session.
- Provides adequate wetness on all hard floors during cleaning.
- Has a motorized brush that thoroughly removes pet hair.
- High noise level (approximately 83db).
- Can leak water.
#4 Philips PowerPro Compact Bagless vacuum cleaner with PowerCyclone 5 Technology FC9350 ( FC9350/62 )
The Philips PowerPro Compact Bagless Vacuum cleaner is where excellence meets durability. Enjoy a seamless vacuuming experience all thanks to the incredible specifications of this vacuum cleaner.
- This compact bagless vacuum cleaner comes in a sleek design yet powerful with a motor of 1800W and the PowerCyclone 5 technology.
- It has a multi seal nozzle that enables it to bind closely to the floor to ensure allowing for thorough cleaning across all floor types.
- The inbuilt Allergy H13 filter captures nearly 100% of any dust it comes in contact with.
- It has a soft brush attachment that neatly fits into the handle and can easily be used for any cleaning function.
- Easy to maneuver and orient.
- Bagless, only requires you to empty the container.
- Noise level is high (approximately 76db).
- Can’t manually control the suction.
#5 Philips Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner 8000 Series Aqua (XC8147/01)
Few cordless vacuum cleaners can boast of cleaning greater than 125m² of floor space on a single charge. This Philips vacuum does this efficiently.
- We think the Philips Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner possesses the longest-lasting power of any vacuum. Its Lithium-ion battery can last up to 70 minutes after a single charge.
- It possesses a 360° suction nozzle that captures 99.7% of dirt in one swipe.
- It uses a PowerCyclone 10 technology that maintains its performance.
- It comes with a PowerBlade digital motor that can be controlled by a smart display.
- Great battery life – finish your cleaning on a single charge.
- Suction nozzle reveals fine dust with LED lights.
- It comes with several accessories like the crevice brush.
- Noise level is quite high
- Cannot control its suction power.
#6 Philips PowerPro Expert Bagless Vacuum Cleaner FC9728 (FC9728/61)
The Philips PowerPro Expert Bagless Vacuum Cleaner arguably has the strongest suction power on our list.
- All thanks to its 2000W motor, this bagless vacuum cleaner picks up the most infinitesimal of particles in one sweep.
- It uses PowerCyclone 8 technology and an H13 filter that filters allergens and bacteria.
- It has a TriActive nozzle that performs three actions at once. Its soleplate sucks in fine dust from carpets, and the large opening at the front sucks up big particles.
- You could adjust the suction power through its digital power control function.
- It comes with a soft brush integrated into the handle of the machine for easy use.
- Equipped with the best suction power (Max 420W)
- Cleans crevices and tight spaces
- Its noise level is on the high side
#7 Philips PowerPro Active Bagless Vacuum Cleaner FC9570 (FC9570/62)
This machine is one of many incredible Philips Vacuum Cleaner Malaysia products. It has gained popularity because of its high cleaning performance and great suction power.
- The Philips PowerPro Active uses a 2000W motor that generates incredible suction power leaving your floor and carpets pristine.
- Its container has a capacity of 1.7L which is on the high side
- It uses a multi-clean nozzle that sucks in the air quite dramatically and efficiently.
- Works on all types of floors
- Dust container is easy to empty, creates no dust clouds
- Captures disease-causing organisms and allergens in one sweep.
- Gets to every nook and cranny of your home because of its long ergonomic grip.
- High noise level of (approximately 80db).
- The cord is quite short.
#8 Philips Bagless Vacuum Cleaner FC8087/61
The Philips Bagless Vacuum Cleaner FC8087/61 comes in handy in situations where a lightweight vacuum cleaner is needed with all the benefits of the big appliances.
- It uses a PowerCyclone 3 technology with a motor of 1400W
- It comes with an ergonomically shaped grip that allows for easy use.
- Comes with an extra handle
- Has good maneuverability
- Dust container that’s easy to empty
- High noise level.
#9 Philips 4000 Series Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner (XC4201/01)
The Philips 4000 series Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner produces effective suction through its compact digital motor.
- It has a motorized nozzle with an anti-hair tangle solution.
- It has a LED indicator that displays battery time and notifications.
- Dual dust container that separates particles by size for efficient dust collection, easy to empty.
- Good maneuverability
- High noise level of (approximately 83db)
#10 Philips Handheld Vacuum Cleaner (FC6149/61)
The Philips Handheld Vacuum Cleaner is indeed a step further in the company’s continued relevance. It can be used to clean car interiors too.
- It possesses a car plug
- It comes with powerful 12V NiMH batteries and a storage bag
- It comes with an aerodynamic nozzle design for better fine dust pick up.
- Comes with a looped handle that ensures good grip.
- High noise level (approximately 81db)
Aside from the Philips vacuum products we’ve mentioned, the brand is also renowned for the Philips vacuum robot, amongst many other home appliances.
If you’re still a little unsure of which product to purchase from this list, we suggest the Philips Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner 8000 Series Aqua (XC8147/01) and the Philips PowerPro Expert Bagless Vacuum Cleaner FC9728 (FC9728/61) for their performance and suitability.
We hope you enjoyed our Philips vacuum review. Happy shopping!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Philips vacuum cleaner good for house cleaning?
Yes. These products generally come with an incredible motor system that generates great suction power. This powerful motor helps sucks up dirt and allergens from carpets and floors.
2. What is the most efficient Philips vacuum cleaner available now?
Products of the Philips vacuum cleaner series are designed to be efficient and reliable. The different types come with unique specifications to suit the different needs of every customer. So, it all depends on what you’re looking for in a vacuum!
3. What kind of vacuum cleaner works well in corners?
Most Philips vacuum products are designed for easy maneuverability to allow access to the tight corners of your home. They also come with several attachments or an integrated brush.