As per EPA OR Environmental Protection Agency, indoor air pollution can be up to 5 times worse than the outdoor air. Considering the amount of time spent indoors, you would definitely want everyone in your family to breathe fresh, unpolluted air. One way to ensure air quality is investing in an air purifier.
Among the several air purifier Malaysia brands available in the market, Panasonic is a reputed brand to consider. With several models available in different categories, it might be a puzzling choice, however. To help you make an informed decision take a look at the benefits, features of air purifiers in general.
Finally, compare the available Panasonic air purifier models available in the market as per the listings given below.
Features, Benefits, and Buying Considerations
When it comes to types of air purifier models available in the market, you can distinguish on the basis of the technology they are designed with.
Before we go into the Panasonic air purifier review, here are the buying considerations that might make your shopping journey easier.
- HEPA Technology
HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air filters. The filters are mechanical and they work by circulating air through a fine, mesh-like screen. Air purifiers that come with a HEPA filter can trap pollutants such as pet dander, smoke particles as well as pollen and dust mites.
These are ideal when you wish to counter seasonal allergies.
- These are used in hospitals and power plants to protect from illnesses and airborne particles.
- HEPA filters can remove airborne pollutants of dimension 0.3 microns or more.
It helps reduce asthma and allergy symptoms:
- Does not produce any byproducts.
- It is a common air purifier model.
- It cannot remove pollutants that are less than 0.3 microns which can include certain VOCs, bacteria, or viruses.
- Their porous filters tend to clog up fast.
- Such filters require frequent cleaning.
- Activated Carbon Technology
Models with this technology are useful when you need to get rid of harmful gases or strong odors. That is why many opt for carbon-based air purifier models, as useful in homes as well as in places of work.
- Activated carbon helps in removing volatile organic compounds effectively.
- It can help remove gaseous pollutants and odors as well.
- Activated carbon air filters are best used for removing gaseous pollutants from the air such as volatile organic compounds.
- If you have cigarette or gas smoke accumulating in your home, such air purifier models would prove effective.
- It can also help remove harmful chemicals from the air as it emanates from drying paint on the walls.
- Replacing saturated filters could be difficult and expensive.
- Such air filters cannot remove particulate pollutants such as pollen or dust particles from the air.
- UV Technology
Such air filters use UV or ultraviolet light filtration methods which prevent microorganisms and other viruses from reproducing. As a result, they can be effective in air filtration in your office, home, or any other space indoors.
- UV light damages genetic material in microorganisms and makes it impossible for such organisms to reproduce.
- They are useful in killing harmful bacteria, viruses, and germs.
- Interacts with air and eliminates harmful microorganisms.
- UV purifiers are silent as they work.
- They can be costly.
- Less effective on smoke or larger pollutant particles found in the air.
- Negative Ion
These models use a high voltage generation mechanism to charge molecules electrically. That makes pollutant particles in the air fall and get trapped in the filters. The purifiers, by generating negative ions produce biochemical reactions that help boost mood alleviating serotonin reduction.
- They help remove pollutants from indoor air.
- Helps alleviate mood and relieve stress.
- Helps alleviate depression.
- Increases energy levels.
- It is a filter-less technology.
- Cannot remove bonded pollutants that adhere to different surfaces.
- Not effective against smoke or odor in the air.
Such air purifier models are not approved by health or government agencies. These principally work by releasing ozone in the air which does destroy odors but can be harmful to the health of living beings.
- These purifiers work by decreasing the sense of smell.
- They can mask strong odors but cannot remove harmful pollutants.
- Removes strong odors.
- Produces ozone which is harmful.
- Aggravates respiratory illnesses such as asthma.
- Banned in most countries.
Features of Air Purifier
Before choosing the best air purifier Malaysia for your home, here are some features to keep in mind:
- Light Sensor
When one looks up the best air purifier Malaysia model check for PM sensors. These are sensors that are in air purifiers and PM 2.5 are considered detectors with a high accuracy factor. Ensure that the brand and the model you choose have particle detection accuracy of PM 2.5 at least. This will ensure that finer scale particles flow into the detection area of the purifier effectively.
- Filtration Process
This is a primary aspect that determines the performance and effectiveness of the air purifier you purchase. Different technologies are effective for different kinds of air pollutants. As a result, ensure that you opt for the right filtration process.
For instance, HEPA-type air filters or air purifiers capture 99.97% of air pollutant particles that are 0.3 micrometers in dimension. On the other hand, PECO technology is a filter-less technology that destroys bacteria, molds, and VOCs in the air with the use of free radicals. Carbon filters also trap harmful gases and pollutants but the adsorption process can become less effective over time.
- Odor Reduction
This is another requirement that effective air purifiers will address some more effectively than others. For instance, HEPA-type air purifiers will be less effective in removing airborne chemical particles that can lead to bad odors. While ozone-based air purifiers were initially promoted for this benefit, later it was realized that they simply mask the smell and do not remove the harmful substances. Negative ion-based technology, on the other hand, can help remove unpleasant smells more effectively.
You would want convenience in connecting your air purifier, especially if you have a smart home system setup. The latest models come with a Wi-Fi connection and can easily be connected with an existing smart home setup. You could even control the same remotely with your smartphone or tablet.
Benefits of Using an Air Purifier
Why get an air purifier for your home? It has been proven that the removal of pollutants from the air you breathe will have long-lasting health benefits. improve quality of sleep and help reduce symptoms of respiratory illnesses.
- Relieve Symptoms of Respiratory Illnesses
Those who have chronic respiratory ailments such as asthma will find much relief with air purifiers. Air pollutants such as pollen, pet dander, and dust mites are common which can irritate airways and lead to difficulty in breathing.
- Neutralize Unpleasant Odors
Odors of spices or cooking, as well as the smell from freshly painted walls, can be unpleasant and pollute the air. They can even cause breathlessness and nausea. Air purifiers, especially those with activated carbon or HEPA filters are effective in reducing such pollutants from the indoor environment.
- Reduce Airborne Bacteria and Viruses
Common flu is one of the instances of airborne diseases that are infectious as well. To protect family members from contagious ailments, an air purifier can be an effective tool in your home.
- Better Sleep
Allergens such as dust mites, fungi, and bacteria can trigger hay fever or allergies. These can also disrupt sleep. In order to avoid sleep disruptions, air purifiers can help remove allergens and give you a better night’s sleep.
Factors to Consider Before Purchase
With several types of air purifier models out there with different features and functions, here are some key factors shortlisted to make your purchase decision easier:
Ensure that you choose a particular air purifier model as per your specific needs and frequency of usage. For instance, if you wish to relieve allergic symptoms, HEPA air filter-based models would be a good choice. So would be activated carbon-based air purifiers.
Again, if you need to use the air purifier often and for large spaces, choose a sturdier model or technology that will stand up to many hours of usage without reducing effectiveness.
Ensure that you choose a purifier as per the area of the room you wish to purify. For instance, small models are designed to purify rooms up to 299 square feet in area. On the other hand, air purifier models of medium size can purify rooms between 300 to 699 square feet. Larger models can handle areas between 700 to 1900 square feet. There are large whole house models as well.
- Budget/Price Factors
This is also a prime aspect to consider. In general HEPA based air purifiers are cheaper and good. However, if you wish to go for effective, filter-less technology that involves less cleaning and filter changes, such as negative ion-based models would be best. However, they do come at higher prices.
Panasonic Air Purifier Review: Best Models in Malaysia
Look through our Panasonic air purifier review for a range of models from the trusted brand.
Panasonic Air Purifiers
1. Panasonic Non-Humidifying Air Purifier [F-PXJ30A]
This model provides a coverage area of 215 ft and has built-in sensors for eliminating dust and odors. It has a deodorizing and composite filter with 3D circulation airflow. It has a minimum power consumption of 6 W. It has an 8-hour sleep mode along with an air quality indicator. The compact size and lightweight design make it ideal for your bedroom or small living room.
- 3D airflow circulation.
- Indicator for air quality.
- Compact design.
- Humidifier not present.
2. Panasonic Non-Humidifying nanoe Air Purifier [F-PXM35ASM]
It is a HEPA filter-based Panasonic air purifier which is ideal for medium-sized rooms, up to 283 sq. ft. You can use it in your office or home since it can cover medium to large areas and consumes low power. It has an inbuilt air quality indicator that changes color accordingly. HEPA filter traps can remove impurities of 0.3 microns or more. The efficiency rate is 99.98%.
- Suitable for medium to large rooms.
- 3 years filter life guaranteed.
- Low power consumption.
- Does not come with a remote control.
- No Wi-Fi connectivity is available.
3. Panasonic Humidifying Air Purifier [F-VXM35A]
This is an air purifier model designed to cover rooms up to 283 sq ft. The HEPA filtration method combines with nano-purification and humidifying functions to ensure clean, humid air, optimal for your lungs.
- Indicator for air pollution level and filter replacement.
- Humidifier feature included.
- Filter life guarantee for 3 yrs.
- Not designed for large spaces.
4. Panasonic F-PXT50A Air Purifier Non-Humidifying [F-PXT50AKM]
This product comes with super nanotechnology which ensures purification of surfaces as well. It has a deodorizing function and inbuilt HEPA filters. It is ideal for rooms up to 36 sq. m in size.
- Inhibits the build-up of allergens up to 99.99%.
- Super nano deodorizing technology.
- Airflow 3D circulation.
- Does not include a humidifier function.
5. Panasonic Non-Humidifying Air Purifier [F-PXM55A]
This air purifier model has a range of 441 feet and comes with dust sensors, nano-purification technology, and the latest HEPA filtration system. It guarantees 10 years of filter life along with inbuilt odor, light, and dust sensors. It also has a low power consumption mechanism which makes it ideal to fit into a home owner’s budget.
- Includes dust, light, and odor sensors.
- 10 years of HEPA filter life.
- Large coverage area, up to 452 sq ft.
- Humidifier function not present.
6. Panasonic F-VXR50A Air Purifier HEPA Filter [F-VXR50ASM]
This model works with a DC motor and includes sensors for dirt and humidity. It comes with a HEPA composite filter along with a humidity indicator.
- Auto power-saving mode.
- 3D airflow circulation feature.
- Indicators for filter replacement and level of pollution.
This is an air purifier with a coverage of 566 Sq feet. and humidifying nano-technology which combines with an energy-saving ECONAVI technology. As a result, it activates only when necessary. It has two modes of upward airflow for removing smoke and odor while front airflow helps remove dust. The front panel also features a dust suction technology.
- Unique energy-saving feature.
- Powerful suction about 30 cm in the surrounding floor area.
- Silent function.
- Bulky in design.
Panasonic Car Purifiers
1. Panasonic F-GPT01A Air Purifier nanoe™X Generator [F-GPT01AKM]
If you wish to own a portable air purifier for small rooms, your car, or for your work desk, this best car air purifier Malaysia model will prove ideal. It can inhibit viruses and bacteria in the immediate air and surroundings (up to 99.99%.) It helps to deodorize the environment and has an inbuilt humidifier function as well. You can charge it easily by connecting to a power bank, computer, or USB charging ports.
- Incorporates nanoeX technology.
- Can inhibit bacteria and viruses up to 99.99%.
- Lightweight and portable.
- This car air purifier Malaysia is ideal for small confined spaces only.
Air Purifier Build in UV Technology and HEPA Filter: Handy Alternative
This air purifier comes with inbuilt UV light. It is of a compact design and is ideal for spaces between 35 to 50 sq m. Even though it is small in size, it packs in features such as touch control, LCD display, and an inbuilt UV lamp with HEPA filter.
- UV lamp and HEPA filter included.
- Compact design.
- Low energy consumption.
- The humidifier function is missing.
Air Purifier HEPA Filter with Remote Control: A Budget Alternative
For those who find branded products in the higher range of their budget, this is an air purifier with good value for money. It is a locally sourced product in Malaysia that includes all standard features and functions as you would find in a standard room air purifier.
- 4 stage filtration design.
- Filter life of 3000 hours.
- Economic design.
- Ideal for rooms up to 45 sq m in dimension.
- The humidifier function is missing.
When you wish to purchase an air purifier for your home or office, there are many aspects to consider. What are the particular pollutants that you need to address in your surrounding environment? What features would work for you and your budget? The above sections help you to get all necessary information regarding features, functions, and factors to consider when purchasing an air purifier.
Finally, the comparative Panasonic air purifier models mentioned above help you know their features, pros, and cons. We also include budget-friendly alternative products and mobile purifier models for your consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which Panasonic Air Purifier Is Best?
Since air purifiers are designed for different spaces and with different technologies, you need to first group them as per a certain space size and purification requirement. Of course, purifiers with HEPA filters are popular and those that combine humidifiers are usually best buys. You would do well to consider models that include patented nano and ECONAVI technologies.
- Is A Panasonic Air Purifier Safe?
Of course, all products of this brand undergo stringent quality tests and conform to international health standards to ensure that they present no health hazards. The proprietary Nanoe technology present in most of their products ensures effective filtration. Most models with HEPA filters come with indicators that inform users when filters need to be replaced.
- How Does a Panasonic Air Purifier Work?
You can purchase different air purifier models under Panasonic. The most popular and budget-friendly models are HEPA-based filtration systems. These are effective for removing most allergens, dust particles, and other pollutants from the air. Many purifiers combine humidifier functions to ensure that moisture levels in the air are balanced as well. Also, most models are designed with power-saving features such as sleep mode or the ECONAVI technology.