In shopping for the best electric pressure cooker, you’ll come across a whole lot of options. There is no shortage of quality pressure cookers out there and choosing the best among them might be difficult. Of course, reading the best pressure cooker review will make it easier to choose the best products among the many brands and options out there.
This review is a head-to-head comparison of two of the best electric pressure cooker Malaysia. These two products, the Philips Pressure Cooker PLP-HD2139 and the Khind Electric Pressure Cooker 3 in 1 Cooker PC-600.
We have compared these products based on different metrics and features in order to help you decide the most ideal option for you. Although our top pick overall is the Philips Pressure Cooker PLP-HD2139, either of these products would make an excellent choice depending on your needs and personal preferences.
Product Overview Philips Pressure Cooker PLP-HD2139
One a first look, you’ll probably think that the Philips Pressure Cooker PLP-HD2139 pressure cooker is just a copper-plated rice cooker. But this is a full-featured pressure cooker from one of the most renowned electronics manufacturers in the world. This unit from Philips belongs to the company’s Viva Collection of Electronic pressure cookers.
With that said, the price is not too bad considering the fact that buying this unit means you are getting a pretty solid and well-designed pressure cooker on your hands. It has an impressive retro look and can be a classy touch to your kitchen if you are concerned about keeping up appearances. A 6 liters capacity also means the pot is large enough for various cooking needs which is necessary since you have a very versatile unit on your hands.
There is a pressure release valve located on top of the unit’s screw lid which helps to vent out the steam when it builds up during cooking. This is just one of many safety features on this unit. There is also an indicator that lets you know if the pot is still pressurized. Other accessories that come with the unit include a measuring cup, scoops, and a power cable.
- Versatile cooker with Baking feature
- Non-stick pot
- Auto pressure release system
- Preset feature with up to 24 hours timer
- Inner pot is made from aluminum material
- No feature for heat regulation
Product Overview Khind Electric Pressure Cooker 3 in 1 Cooker PC-600
The KMM (Khind Mistral Malaysia) is a time-tested Malaysian brand that has been in business and has been going strong for more than 57years. The company
manufactures and distributes various electrical consumer appliances. The Khind Electric Pressure Cooker 3 in 1 Cooker PC-600 is another good quality product from this brand that is known across the board for producing high-value but very affordable products that deliver both in terms of quality and performance.
There are many outstanding features with this unit but what we find most interesting is the fact that it is a 3-in-1 cooker. If you are looking for a pressure cooker, multi-cooker, and slow cooker all wrapped into one unit, this is a good option to consider. It also has an impressively modern design against the classic retro look of the Philips. There are no buttons but a digital display with touch sensors to select and adjust settings based on your cooking preferences.
To complete the unit’s digital status, there are 13 different preset cooking menus as well as an intelligent microcomputer designed to control the different cooking stages of this unit. The Khind Electric Pressure Cooker 3 in 1 Cooker PC-600 also promises faster cook time by as much as 60% thanks to a superior heating system that is built to be thermal efficient along with a 3-ply stainless steel pot.
- 3-in-1 cooker
- 3ply stainless steel inner pot
- Intelligent microcomputer featue
- Faster cook time
- Limited safety feature
- No warm and preset features
Features face to face
Both of these products belong to a similar range as far as pricing is concerned. You are also sure to get good value for your money by purchasing either of these two quality pressure cookers. With that said, the Philips Pressure Cooker seems to be the cheapest of either options based on the current price being offered. But when you consider the original retail price, the Khind PC6000 6L costs less to buy.
The current offer on the Philips is RM 386 as against the original retail price of RM 565. For the Khind PC6000 6L the price on offer is RM 429 as against the original retail price of 529.
Winner: Generally, both products are quite affordable and offer impressive features that can rival even higher-end products in the same category. Hence choosing they are among the best Cheap Pressure Cookers you can buy and any of them would make a great choice as far as price is concerned. However, we’ll give it to the Khind PC6000 here since it has a lower retail price.
The pressure of the Philips pressure cooker depends on your chosen preset for the type of food you are cooking. It has specific pressure settings for rice, chicken, beef, fish, duck, and so on. However, there is a manual pressure keep functionality as well. This allows you to manually set for how long you want the unit to maintain its pressure. You can set the pressure to be maintained for as much as 59 minutes.
Both units have a pressure release button that allows you to safely release the internal pressure of the cooker when you are done cooking without a need to wait for it to cool down. However, the Philips Pressure cooker takes this a step further with its automatic pressure regulator. This feature helps to simply release steam automatically anytime an abnormally high-pressure level is detected inside the cooker.
Winner: not only does the Philips HD2139 offer more in terms of pressure settings. But you also get more pressure safety features too which is why we are picking it as the winner here.
The Khind Pressure cooker has a superior quality heating plate. This combined with the 3-ply ceramic coated inner pot ensures that the unit is able to deliver an optimum heat distribution which lessens the time spent on cooking different types of meals significantly. The heat regulation is with the digital touchscreen control and the operating heat of the cooker is displayed on the digital display screen.
Both units don’t have controls for regulating the temperature as desired. However, the pressure in the cooker will vary based on the selected cooking program depending on what you intend to cook with it. This will determine the internal heat in the unit and how long it will take to complete cooking. This varies depending on the type of meal you are cooking. But the Khind Pressure Cooker’s design helps to reduce this cook-time efficiently for all types of food.
Winner: there is no clear winner for this category.
This Philips electronic pressure cooker is designed to be able to tenderize even the toughest of food materials in just minutes thanks to its variety of cooking programs that allows you to set the cooking pressure to the exact type of food you are cooking, When the cooker is done cooking based on the preset selected, it will automatically shut down and switch to a warm mode. This helps to preserve the nutrition and taste of your food until you are ready to serve.
Although the Khind multi-cooker does not have this warm mode, there is a silicon seal feature that helps to lock in nutrients during cooking too. This cooker offers different cooking modes too. The unit comes with a superior quality heating plate that is known for its high efficiency. Thanks to this design, you can save up to 35 – 65% of cook time on your meals.
Winner: Philips HD2139 electric pressure cooker is the winner here although the Khind’s functionality is great as well.
Timer, scheduling features, and cooking programs
The Philips HD2139 has a variety of automation settings that makes cooking with it a breeze. For instance, you can preset your cook time by as much as 24 hours. There is a time control feature to set the cook-time according to your preferences. The nutritional keep warm program also has its own timing feature. It can keep your food warm for as long as 12 hours without losing its taste and nutrients. The cooker can be set to switch into this warm mode automatically once the cooking is complete.
The Khind PC6000 6L features a digital display with touch features to vary your settings based on your preferences. There are up to 13 different programmable menus on this unit with different cooking times and pressure settings. The sleek digital touch screen makes it very easy to operate and select these cooking programs.
Winner: Although both units have preset menus, the Philips pressure cooker has a more robust timer and scheduling feature. Hence, it is the winner here.
As far as function is concerned, the Philips pressure cooker is difficult to beat. It comes with several presets that make it suitable for a wide range of cooking applications. It features presets for cooking beef, chicken, fish, and even duck. There are also different cooking modes and even a mode for preparing baked food with just a button.
The Khind multi-cooker is called a multi-cooker for a reason. It is a versatile unit too. It is a 3-in-1 unit that can be used for pressure cooking meals it also doubles as a slow cooker and can be used for multi-cooking as well. The unit features an intelligent microcomputer that helps to control the different cooking stages when you are using the unit in multi-cooking mode.
Winner: both pressure cookers are quite versatile. But the fact that thie Philips pressure cooker can be used to bake is a feature that is difficult to beat. Hence, it is our winner for this category.
Both the Khind PC6000 6L and the Philips Pressure Cooker PLP-HD2139 are portable pressure cookers. This makes them very easy to store away when not in use. Both units are lightweight and have a small diameter so you have nothing to worry about as far as storage of either unit is concerned.
Winner: Despite the fact that they both have a large capacity of 6L, they are still very much compact and you don’t need a lot of space to store them in your kitchen. So it’s a tie here.
Materials and durability
The Philips Pressure cooker has a stainless steel outer shell. This outer shell in addition to making the cooker more durable also ensures easy and convenient cleaning. The outer shell has an exquisite design you will really love. The inner pot is designed to be equally easy to clean thanks to its non-stick design that ensures that food does not stick to the pot body no matter what you cook with it.
The stainless steel inner pot is coated with ceramic material. It also has a 3-ply design. This helps the pot to deliver heat distribution. But this design and the fact that the inner pot is ceramic coated also means that there is no release of potentially toxic material into your food. Using this cooker guarantees the maximum safety of your food. In addition to this, this cooker also features a high-quality silicone seal ring. This helps to fully seal the pot which allows the food you are cooking with it to retain all of its nutrients. So when you cook with this pot, you can be sure of optimum nutrition.
Winner: Unlike the Khind pressure cooker with a stainless steel inner, the inner pot for the Philips is made from Aluminium alloy. Although this material is also great in terms of heat conduction. But it is known to be quite prone to scratching which may be a problem. To prevent this, the inner pot has been coated with a Whitford golden coat which is expected to be anti-scratch. The Khind Cooker is out top choice for this category
Stand out features
- Automatic pressure release: one of the most remarkable features of this pressure cooker is its automatic pressure release functionality. The unit comes with an easy-to-use timer that clearly indicates your cooking progress. But as part of the safety features for its use, there is a pressure release function that makes it possible to open the unit immediately after cook-time elapses by simply pressing the pressure release button. There is also an automatic pressure release button that will automatically release steam in the cooker when there is an abnormal build-up of pressure.
- Baking functionality: more than just a pressure cooker, this Philips PLP-HD2139 demonstrates its place as a truly versatile unit thanks to its baking feature. It is a feature you will hardly find on any other pressure cooker in its price range. There is a bake mode that can be used to bake various types of foods with just a click of a button. You simply have to select the bake option when you turn the unit on and turn the pressure valve and the cooker will deliver nicely crisped and highly nutritious baked foods.
- Keep Warm Mode: another impressive feature that you’ll likely find helpful is the keep warm mode. This feature will automatically kick in when the cooking is finished based on the preset menu you have selected. The cooker will automatically switch to the keep warm mode and will maintain the food at a warm temperature. This mode can be maintained for as much as 12 hours at a perfect taste and nutrition level.
- 3-in-1 cooker: Perhaps the most outstanding feature of this unit is that it is a 3-in-1 cooker. This versatile design makes it useful for a wide range of applications. It can be used to pressure cook meals. It can also be used as a slow-cooker as well as a multi-cooker. Compared to many other pressure cookers of the same price range, this versatile design guarantees value for your money as there is no shortage of what you can use it for. Additionally, to further expand the versatility of this unit, there are up to 13 preset menus with various cooking options which can be selected using the cooker’s digital touchscreen. This makes the unit even more useful for a variety of applications compared to many of the other traditional pressure cookers.
- Cook faster: the Khind PC6000 has a unique design that allows it to deliver more efficiently and cook food a lot faster than other units. It features a ceramic-coated inner pot combined with a superior quality heating plate and an intelligent microcomputer that deliver optimal heat distribution which allows the cooker to cook more in less time.
- Detachable steam lid: this cooker features a detachable steam lid. One major advantage of this is that it makes it easy to clean the unit after use. It may also aid storage since the steam lid will take up more space if It cannot be detached like this.
Use the Khind Electric Pressure Cooker 3 in 1 Cooker PC-600 if:
- You are looking for a 3-in-1 unit that serves as a pressure cooker, multi-cooker, and slow cooker with different preset programs and multiple functionalities
- You love modern cooking appliances with digital features like digital displays and touch sensors
- You want a thermal efficient unit that lets you cook your meals faster than many other traditional pressure cookers in the same price range
- A portable, easy to clean, and easy-to-use unit
Impressed by the Khind 3-in-1 pressure cooker, order yours today.
Use the Philips Pressure Cooker PLP-HD2139 if:
- You are a fan of cooking appliances with a classic retro-chic design
- You want a pressure cooker with a keep warm feature that can preserve your food at optimal temperature for as long as 12 hours
- A pressure cooker with pre-set cooking feature and timer that can be set for as much as 24 hours ahead
- A large and versatile pressure cooker with plenty of cooking programs including an option for baking
- A safe and efficient pressure cooker with lots of safety features to prevent accidents and burns thanks to an automatic pressure release system
Do you want this and other features of the Philips PLP-HD2139, get yours today.
Do I really need an electric pressure cooker?
If you cook meals that take more time to finish or you simply want to cook food faster, then buying an electric pressure cooker would really be a good idea. A good pressure cooker is a versatile appliance that can also be used as a slow cooker or a rice cooker as the case may be. Hence it’s not even a matter of if you need one but more of if you want to buy an electric pressure cooker.
Which brand of electric pressure cooker is the best?
There are different types and brands of electric pressure cookers all with different impressive features. It is difficult to say for sure which brand is the best of them all. Some of the most notable names include T-fal, Presto, Instant Pot, Philips, Khind, Prestige, and Hawkins. Your choice at the end of the day depends on the specific features you are looking out for in a pressure cooker, budget, and other factors.
What type of electric pressure cooker to choose from
There are different types of electric pressure cookers to choose from and several important factors to consider too. No matter the type or brand of cooker you get, you must consider the capacity of your pressure pot. This depends on the size of your household and how much cooking you actually do. You don’t want to buy a unit that will be too big or too small. Also, consider the functionality and performance and ensure that the unit you purchase has all the features you need for safe and convenient cooking with a pressure cooker.