Most people hate doing chores. Chores can be boring, tiring, and most of all time-consuming. That’s why it’s important to find faster and more efficient ways of taking care of daily chores like cleaning.
To solve this problem, we created a whole host of household appliances and gadgets which make cleaning quick and easy. One of the most popular of these tools is the handheld vacuum cleaner.
Handheld vacuum cleaners are handy, easy to manipulate, and help you reach places out of the reach of conventional vacuum cleaners. The problem is that if you’re like me you find it hard to choose a product out of the multitude of options you’re faced with.
So after going through that challenge I decided to put together a comprehensive vacuum cleaner Malaysia review.
This review answers questions like “What are the benefits of using a handheld vacuum cleaner?”, “How do you choose the best handheld vacuum cleaner?”, as well as gives you a list of great portable vacuum cleaner Malaysia and picks out the best vacuum cleaner.
So sit back, put your feet up, and get ready to surprise your friends with your new knowledge. You can also finally put a rest to the age-long battle raging within you, which handheld vacuum cleaner should I choose?
Benefits of Using a Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
A lot of people prefer using a mini vacuum cleaner for several reasons. Here are a few common ones:
- They are more lightweight. The portable nature of handheld vacuum cleaners makes them less burdensome to use over long periods. Also, their smaller size helps you reach tough spots in the home.
- A lot of handheld vacuums are dual function.
This means they function both as vacuum cleaners and dust blowers. This is a handy tool to have in your home and saves you the cost of buying a second gadget.
- They are less noisy than normal vacuum cleaners. Larger vacuum cleaners require higher wattage and have a higher powerful suction force. This makes them quite noisy, unlike handheld vacuum cleaners.
- It’s a pocket-friendly alternative. Handheld vacuum cleaners are generally cheaper than normal vacuum cleaners. This makes them a more cost-friendly alternative for those shopping on a budget or who clean small spaces.
- You can clean hard-to-reach areas.
This is the main advantage of using a handheld vacuum. The small size and flexible attachments allow you to more easily reach tough spots.
Factors You Should Consider Before Buying a Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Before purchasing a handheld vacuum cleaner there are certain things you have to consider. Let’s take a look at several things you have to keep in mind when hunting for the best mini vacuum cleaner in Malaysia:
- The capacity is very important. The holding capacity of a handheld vacuum cleaner can determine how long you should use it continuously before emptying the dust chamber or dust bag. A vacuum cleaner you have to empty every 10 minutes is not ideal.
Most cleaning operations that involve handheld vacuum cleaners are typically small-scale cleaning jobs. Therefore even a handheld vacuum cleaner with a capacity of 0.2-0.8 L will get the job done.
- Does it have a HEPA filter?
HEPA stands for “High-Efficiency Particulate Air filter. This is a special type of air filter made to trap particles as small as 0.3-microns. In the past, most people made do with ordinary air filters on their vacuums, which allowed smaller dust particles to escape back into the air.
Using a HEPA filter ensures that the air going back into the room has been thoroughly filtered. This leaves your environment feeling significantly cleaner and healthier after you’re done vacuuming.
- How frequently you use the appliance. Every brand owner claims their product is the most durable. Obviously, that’s not true. Even though technically you want the most durable choice, that usually comes at a higher cost. Hey, you have to pay for that extra padding, right?
In that case, you have to strike a balance. Look for brands that are durable enough for your purpose but are also within your budget (Note: Never go gadget shopping without a budget!).
Always know what your budget is like. It’s important that when you decide to make your purchase that you have a definite price range in mind. If not you might end up as awed as a little kid in the toy section.
Ask yourself, “Do I need that fancy new attachment?”, “1 L capacity! Am I going to vacuum the entire house with this?”. Once you narrow down what you need then search for the most suitable product within your budget.
- Does the suction power meet your needs? Different makes and models of handheld vacuum cleaners come with a variety of suction power measured in kilopascal (kPa), which is a unit of measurement of force.
However, remember that several drawbacks come with higher suction power. First of all, the higher the suction, the noisier the machine.
Also, higher suction means that your handheld mini vacuum will probably have a much shorter running time than similar brands with lower suction forces.
- Choose between a cordless and a corded model. Most people enjoy the added flexibility and freedom that comes with cordless handheld vacuum cleaners. Unfortunately, these added advantages usually come at a price.
Cordless handheld vacuum cleaners run on rechargeable batteries. Usually, it takes as long as 3-5 hours to charge these batteries fully, depending on the manufacturer. Despite that, you only get about 20-30 minutes of usage, even with a full charge. Keep that in mind while making your purchase.
- Check the running time. Several factors affect the running time of a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner. Some key factors include:
- Suction power
- Battery size
Therefore it’s always important that you get a gadget that lasts long enough for you to complete your cleaning project. It is inconvenient to have to recharge your handheld vacuum cleaner in the middle of a job.
- Know the specifications you need. Every brand has a unique set of attachments and features that come with its products. Instead of choosing a product which has a ton of accessories and specs you don’t need, why not go for something better suited for your needs.
Great specifications like double-chambered dust chambers for wet and dry debris. Also look for useful extra attachments like a crevice tool, upholstery tool, dust brushes, and so on.
Top 5 Portable Handheld Vacuum Cleaner To Buy in Malaysia
Let’s get down to the main reason for this review. We’ve gone through countless products and handpicked five items that we think represent the best option for each particular trait. So here are the best vacuum cleaners you can purchase online:
#1 The Bargain Buy: Portable Cordless Dry & Wet Vacuum Cleaner
This might not be one of the fanciest products on the list, but it’s a great bargain buy. This Portable Cordless Dry & Wet Vacuum Cleaner has a wide range of useful accessories and specifications and is the only mini vacuum cleaner on the list below RM100.
Charger: USB charger Cable
Battery Capacity: 2200mah
Working Time: About 25-30 Minutes
Charging Time: 3-4 Hours
Charging Volt: 100-240V
Rated Power: 120W
Warranty: 3 months
Power Supply: Lithium Battery
- The warranty covers only 3 months
#2 The Ultimate Car Vacuum Cleaner: Airbot Supersonics Car Vacuum Cleaner
When it comes to the best car vacuum cleaner, the Airbot SuperSonics Car Vacuum Cleaner takes the crown. It was specifically designed to reach even the hardest parts of a car, all without damaging the delicate interior of the vehicle.
Max Suction: 19kPa
Max Time: 45mins
Operation Mode 1: Quick Clean (Low Spin Mode)
Operation Mode 2: Deep Clean (High Spin Mode)
Battery Type: Li-ion 2200 mAh
Charge Time: 4.5 Hours
Adapter: 100 ~ 240 V / 50 ~ 60 Hz
Package Size: 680 x 185 x 145 mm
Warranty: 1 year
- Two operation modes which give greater flexibility
- Long run time
- A unique set of attachments
#3 The Multipurpose Product: Deerma Suction Vacuum Cleaner
The Deerma Suction Vacuum Cleaner is a handheld cordless vacuum cleaner, but it can also be converted to a more conventional vacuum cleaner. It has several other useful features such as a detachable reel, transparent dust box, bilateral exhaust, a HEPA filter, and much more.
Built-in HEPA filter
Warranty: 1 year
Product Weight: 2.2KG &1.55 handheld
- Flexible operational options
- Reusable HEPA filter
- Heavier than some other items on the list
#4 The Full Package: PerySmith Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
At just under RM600, the PerySmith Sonic Pro X5 is by far the most expensive item on the list. That doesn’t mean it’s not worth the price. You get a ton of great features like free motorized dust mite brush, an intelligent brushless motor, an anti-static floor brush, and much more.
Battery Life Run Time: 45 mins
Attachment Head, 360° suction nozzle
Suction Power: 30 kPa
Battery: Removable Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
Power Consumption: 450 W
Warranty Period: 5 Years
- Revolutionary features
- Long run time
- Long warranty
#5 The Best Mini Vacuum Cleaner: Deerma Vacuum Cleaner
The Derma Vacuum Cleaner might not be the best item on the list, but it’s cost-friendly, portable, and packs a ton of features. One of these is its anti-dust mite technology, which comes with both UV sterilization and heat-shock technology.
Accessories Types: Dustbin
Cleaner Types: Portable Vacuum
Wire Length (m): 300cm
Power (W): 450W
Frequency (Hz): 50Hz
- Anti-dust mite technology
- Great price
- Portable design
- Does not come with extra attachable features
When it comes to choosing the best vacuum cleaner, you can see that there are a lot of factors to consider. However, our vacuum cleaner Malaysia review brought out the best items for you based on features such as price, functionality, running time, and size.
So if you’re looking for the best option budget-wise – we advise that you go with the Portable Cordless Dry & Wet Vacuum Cleaner. However, if you are looking for a more well-rounded option and the cost isn’t your problem, then try out the PerySmith Cordless Vacuum Cleaner.
Whichever option you go for, just rest assured that you’re getting your money’s worth with the best products available.
- What is the best portable vacuum cleaner?
This depends on what features you’re looking for. Our review brought out the best items for you based on features such as price, functionality, running time, and size, so check out the items on our list.
- How often do I change the vacuum bag?
This depends on your usage and the capacity of the handheld vacuum cleaner. Though the consensus is at least 1-2 times every six months, this is generally for larger vacuum cleaners. Check out the specifications on your user manual or change the bag when it’s half to two-thirds full.
- How long should portable vacuums last?
The ideal answer is as long as you need to get the job done. However, most portable vacuum cleaners last for at least 30 minutes. Keep in mind that several factors such as battery charge, wattage, and the suction force can affect this estimate.