A good night’s sleep can be hard to come by sometimes. There are a lot of factors that have to come together to create the comfort necessary for a peaceful night. One of the most underrated things that ensure you sleep like a baby is using the right pillow.
There are people who cannot sleep a wink without a comfortable pillow and there are those that have never gotten used to sleeping with one. If you belong to the first group and you live in Malaysia and would love to upgrade your current pillow to something better, then you are in luck.
We are going to explore the 13 best pillows in Malaysia in 2021, explore their best features and look at the types of pillows that you can choose from.
- The 13 Best Pillows in Malaysia 2021
- Emma Foam Pillow
- Amazeam’s Pillow (Memory Foam)
- Origin Superior Coolmax® Latex Pillow
- Dunlopillo Pillow [Alivio Latex]
- Chester London Memory Foam Pillow
- KingKoil Super Soft Pillow
- Getha 3D Auto Natural Latex Pillow
- Flew Hug Bolster Pillow
- Goodnite Bamboo Charcoal Organic Natural Latex Pillow
- Getha Contour Natural Latex Pillow
- Jean Perry Bamboo Charcoal Memory Pillow
- AKEMI Medi+Health Aloe Vera Soft Touch Memory Pillow
- HOOGA Scarlett Firm Microfibre Pillow
- Types of Pillows
- Frequently Asked Questions
The 13 Best Pillows in Malaysia 2021
Whittling down the best pillow Malaysia list to a manageable list of 13 was not easy, but the following are the 13 best pillows in Malaysia in 2021 that you should be paying close attention to.
The Emma Foam Pillow spells both style and comfort. One look is all it takes to tell how reliable the pillow is. It is made with a three-layered structure that provides you with maximum sleeping comfort, with the flexibility to add your own customizations.
You have the freedom to set your preferred height and pillow firmness. You can do this by varying heights to suit your angle of sleeping. How do you adjust a pillow’s height? This Emma Pillow has removable layers that you can rearrange!
Another great feature worth your attention is breathability. This nursing pillow comes with detachable covers that will ensure the free circulation of air to stop you from sweating over the pillow. In a nutshell, this is an all-around pillow that is flexible enough to be customized to suit your preferred comfort.
- Customisable with an adjustable height
- Hypoallergenic and breathable
- Ideal for all types of sleepers
- 10-year warranty
Amazeam’s Pillow (Memory Foam)
Amazeam can be grouped among the high-end best pillow Malaysia, both in terms of price and memory foam quality. It has everything you would want from a pillow while still retaining a simple design. It is an optimum option for all sleeping positions as it is soft and comfortable, bouncing back into shape when you lift your head from it.
The memory foam used in this pillow is of extremely high quality. You can end up using this memory foam pillow for many years before it starts showing any signs of wearing out.
Amazeam’s Memory Foam Pillow also comes with an open cell memory foam technology that hits you with a mild cooling effect that makes hot nights comfortable and tolerable.
- Best pillow for neck support
- Open-cell memory foam tech
- Certified CertiPUR-US foam design
- The best cooling pillow
The Origin Superior Coolmax Latex pillow is a well-made pillow that’s constructed by a company based in Germany. It is one of the best latex pillows in Malaysia that’s more than the average latex pillow you may be used to. and it features a number of great aspects like a responsive latex foam support that’s infused with a proprietary cooling gel formula.
The material used for the latex foam support is very dense when compared to other types of memory foam or fiber. This extra thickness provides the user with ample head-shoulders-neck support no matter the sleeping position they assume, relieving pressure on the cervical spine for a comfortable night.
The materials used to make the latex foam on the inside have hypoallergenic properties, are anti-dust mite, anti-bacterial, and have antimicrobial properties.
- Good neck and head support
- Good high pillow
- Resistant to dust mites
- A high-quality Tencel pillow cover
- Coolmax cooling gel
The Dunlopillo Pillow is the king when it comes to latex-based products. It is made using only natural latex and this makes it the most eco-friendly pillow you will ever come across. It has a very simple design that looks and feels comfortable, even to touch and it can be used for any sleeping style.
It is a flexible pillow that can be adjusted to suit any sleeping position without any neck complications rising up. The pillow is highly permeable with the ability to absorb moisture when you sweat, leaving you cooled all through the night. It also has hypoallergenic properties for those that may be allergic to some substances used in making most pillows.
- Constitutes of natural latex
- Extra dense and durable
- Breathable fabric
The Chester London Memory Foam Pillow is a traditionally designed pillow that has memory foam material that’s ideal for anyone suffering from neck stiffness. It relieves pressure that’s applied on the neck spreading all the way down to the spine making all sleeping positions comfortable.
This memory foam pillow comes with a cover made out of blended cotton that’s soft, smooth, and has a nice texture that’s gentle on the skin when you sleep and counters neck pain. The cover on this soft pillow is machine washable and this can be very convenient as you don’t have to wash the entire pillow every few weeks. It has a medium price range and that makes it a good bargain, all features considered.
- Therapeutic neck support
- The best pillow design
- Great airflow
- Removable cottonfil pillow cover
- Multi-posture support
- Contoured shape
This KingKoil Pillow is another unique product that makes our best pillow Malaysia list. Its ergonomic design provides 5-star level comfort that will have you sleeping without turning until morning. It uses fiberfill material and has been engineered by Garnetted Network method that fashions numerous pockets of air. These prove to be channels for great air circulation.
The pillow has also been put through a siliconized treatment that increases its softness and bounciness to make it regain its shape immediately the moment you wake up, perfect for any sleeping style. It is non-toxic and unlikely to induce allergic reactions, making it safe for use. The outer pillow cover is machine washable.
- Polyester fiberfill
- Siliconized treatment
- Washable cottonfil pillow cover
- Sanitized and non-toxic
- Fits the body shape
Another latex-based pillow that can be used by all kinds of sleepers. It is designed for comfort and versatility and despite the simple appearance, the pillow actually packs a punch when it comes down to business.
It is made out of natural latex which is good for the environment, ensuring that you sleep on a product that will not harm the environment even after prolonged use. There’s that customary latex odor but it is barely noticeable. If you keep washing the cover regularly, the pillow will remain fresh all through.
It has medium firmness and can accommodate even the heaviest of users. The bounciness afforded by the latex construction allows this perfect pillow to spring back to its original shape when you walk up in the morning. It is well perforated and permeable, keeping the sweating at bay even when it gets too warm at night and will counter neck and shoulder pain.
- 100% eco-friendly natural latex.
- Comfortable and durable
- Best pillow for countering neck pain
- Good for side sleepers
- Washable removable cover
This is not your average pillow. Rather than taking on the usual flat shape associated with regular pillows, the Flew Hug Bolster Pillow has a cylindrical shape, a very unique shape that makes it a very versatile pillow to have around in your house.
It is filled with 100% polyester fiberfill and this makes it very soft with the needed bounciness to support any weight and the ability to regain its shape the moment you get off the bed. This softness also makes it possible for the pillow to fit the neck shape when sleeping from the side. The pillow is also insulated against mites, allergens, and bacteria so you can rest easy that you will not be visited by any unwanted tiny guests during the night.
The outer cover is removable and machine washable and no matter how many times you pass it through the machine, the firmness, softness, and quality is not impacted in any way.
- Quality polyester fill
- Prevents neck pain
- Resistant to dust mites
- Versatile design
- Machine washable cover
The Goodnight Bamboo Charcoal Organic Natural Latex Pillow is another great fit for those that love sleeping on their sides. It comes with a 5 years warranty which means you get assured of refunds or replacements if something happens to the pillow outside your regular usage.
In terms of size, this pillow is longer and wider compared to most of the other options on this list. This accommodates tall side sleepers and back sleepers comfortably through the night. It has a natural latex pillow that gives it a firm setup that ensures the pillow maintains its shape even at the edges after use.
This supportive pillow is also well perforated to allow the easy flow of air when you sleep, hitting you with a cooling effect that stops any sweat from accumulating and turning the entire pillow wet. The removable covers are washable, allowing you to keep the pillow clean as regularly as you can.
- Ideal for side sleepers and back sleepers
- Big enough for tall people
- 5-year warranty
- Firm and durable
The Getha Contour Natural Latex Pillow could very well be the best latex pillow on this list. It is made for tall and side sleepers, even the design itself will tell you that this is not your regular pillow. One side has two raised contours that form a hill and a valley while the other side is flat. This unique design is for enhancing head / neck support, something that is hard to find in low pillows.
As the best latex pillow, it is constructed using natural latex and that makes it a sustainable option to have as it is good for the environment. At the same time, you won’t have to worry about getting another pillow for a very long time as it is one of the most durable pillows around, loved by side sleepers and back sleepers.
The flat pillow underside is also designed to counter fungi, mold, bacteria, allergies, dust mites, and any other thing that may make your sleep uncomfortable. So if you have asthma or allergic reactions to fibers, this would be the ideal pillow to go for. It may be pricey but when you look at the features you are getting in return, totally worth it.
- Completely natural latex
- Great and comfortable design
- 3-contour options
- Dust-mite resistant
- Perfect for a tall and side sleeper
Jean Perry is a well-known brand in the pillow-making industry. They make their pillows fluffy and soft with countless quality memory foam pillows under the brand name that have received good reviews. However, at the very top of the pyramid stands the Bamboo Charcoal Memory Pillow, another great option for people who love to sleep on their side.
This memory foam pillow is high enough to take the role of double pillows, an asset for those that find it hard to stack up two pillows successfully through the night in their attempt to attain the correct sleeping posture. It has a soft feel to it and your head sinks in slightly covering the neck regions and preventing any neck pains from developing no matter the sleeping angle you assume.
Another great feature worth mentioning about this memory foam pillow is that it doesn’t develop any odors even after prolonged use. This is made possible by the natural bamboo material and the pillow protector covers that can be removed and washed a few times every two weeks just to keep things fresh.
- Firm pillow
- Good for the head and shoulders
- Regulates body temperature
- Improves sleep quality
- Dust-mite resistant
- Removable cover
Of all cooling pillows, none comes close to the AKEMI Medi+Health Aloe Vera Soft Touch Memory Pillow. It has the right balance between hard and soft and this adds durability and comfort that ensures you have an uninterrupted good night’s sleep. Your head sinks in just a little bit and the pillow springs back to its original shape, this ensures that your head, neck and shoulders are not subjected to any discomfort.
This memory foam pillow is also designed to make stomach sleepers and back sleepers comfortable as it is long enough to cover the lower area. It doesn’t matter whether you are heavy or petite, this ultra-soft pillow can handle everything you throw at it. The foam inside the Akemi essential pillow comes with good ventilation that ensures the air circulates sufficiently to stop you from soaking the pillow with your sweat.
- Best cooling setup.
- Very soft and firm at the same time
- Removable covers
- Regains its shape after use
- Maximum support for a stiff neck
The HOOGA Scarlet Firm Microfibre Pillow may have the regular pillow design but you will quickly realize what it can do the moment you sleep on it.
It has Teijin Fwaline fiber filling enclosed in an outer cover that has a Tencel fabric. It has thermo-regulation capabilities that ensure you stay cool through a hot night without soaking the pillow wet with sweat.
It also covers the neck and the head region sufficiently, preventing any neck pains from developing with continued use. The muscles relax the moment you buy your head into the pillow for a comfortable and restful night.
- Great outer fabric that feels soft
- Supports the neck and head
Types of Pillows
It would be easier for you to make the right decision for the best pillow Malaysia once you understand the type of pillows that exist and what they are best suited for. The following are the most notable ones.
- Synthetic Pillows: This is another very common option as it is easy to make and the raw materials are readily available. It is a budget option for people who don’t have allergies to synthetic fibers. The only drawback is that they retain heat and this can get uncomfortable during warm nights.
- Cotton Pillow: The popularity of the cotton pillow has been on the downward trend but for those that are still holding on, they are quite decent. The average cotton pillow is made of classic cotton material and is ideal for people who may be allergic to synthetic fillings.
- Down: Traditionally, down pillows or feather pillows were made from the soft feathers pulled from a duck or goose. However, nowadays, the market offers down pillow alternatives made from synthetic down. Synthetic down is fashioned from soft fibers that resemble the actual feathers. These pillows typically feel airy, soft, and cloud-like.
- Memory Foam: This is currently the most popular pillow and there are many reasons for this. The biggest one is that it contours itself to your body meaning it covers every inch of the neck ensuring it is well supported to prevent unnecessary pain.
- Latex: These are the most popular types of pillows as they pack a high level of support for the head, shoulders and neck. They are also easy to maintain and they bounce back to their original shape once the load is lifted.
- Bamboo Fiber: This is slowly picking up pace, especially among environmentally-conscious people who are looking for sustainable alternatives for their pillow needs. It has antimicrobial properties as well as moisture-absorbing capabilities that keep it cool at all times.
- Wool: Wool is another traditional fill material that continues to be used to this day. They are breathable but at the same time, when they are compressed, they rarely regain their original shape and this is part of the reason why they are falling out of favor with most people.
- Kapok: This is a new fiber that is water resistant and can be used to make firm but soft pillows. It is a natural fiber derived from the seed pods of certain trees. They are natural and eco-friendly but they don’t last too long.
- Buckwheat hulls: This is made using buckwheat shells that add medium firmness and breathability to the pillows. The practice of using this material started out in Asia and it is gradually spreading to other parts of the world.
It is evident that pillows are extremely important and there are countless other pillow Malaysia options out there that are just as good as the ones we have outlined above. Among the 13, we feel like there’s something for everyone, be it a budget option like the affordable Getha 3D Auto 100% Natural Latex Pillow or the highly dependable Amazeem Memory Foam Pillow. You simply have to take your time analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of each before making the final decision to avoid ending up with the wrong pillow.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which brand of pillow is best?
There’s no straight answer to this since every pillow comes with a unique set of features that work and a few issues that don’t. If we were to be pushed, we would say Amazeem makes the best kind of pillows around.
2. What’s a good guide for choosing the right pillow?
When choosing a pillow you need to look at the following factors:
- Your budget
- Type of filling
- The size
- The type of cover
- Ease of maintenance
3. Which pillow is best for the neck?
All the pillows mentioned in this article made the cut because they were the best of the best, which means they are quite adept at ensuring your neck stays comfortable when you sleep. But the one that takes the crown for being the most neck-friendly is the Emma Foam Pillow.