From ancient times, honey has been used for medicinal and beauty purposes. A health supplement like honey is especially valuable today when many working adults struggle to achieve a healthy lifestyle. Many of us have underlying health issues like poor digestion, physical lethargy and mental fatigue.
Manuka honey can be a powerful way to combat those insidious health problems. Manuka honey is a special kind of New Zealand-based honey made by bees that pollinate a bush called leptospermum scoparium.
Popular for its healing properties, Manuka honey is beneficial even for your pets. It has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties and that is what sets it apart from the typical “pure” honey you’ll find in your local supermarket.
Incorporating Manuka honey into your daily routine can have immense long-term health benefits.
- 10 Best Manuka Honey Products in Malaysia
- 1. Comvita UMF10+ Manuka Honey
- 2. Manuka Health Manuka Honey – MGO 263+
- 3. Nature’s Way Australian Manuka Honey MGO 100
- 4. Radiant Raw Manuka Honey MG 400
- 5. Swisse Ultiboost Vitamin C + Manuka Honey
- 6. Comvita UMF5+ Sachets
- 7. NZHealth Naturally UMF15+
- 8. Manuka Health Manuka Honey Drops with Propolis
- 9. Comvita Kids UMF10+ Manuka Honey Pops
- 10. New Zealand Raw Unblended
- Benefits of Manuka Honey
- How to Choose the Right Manuka Honey?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Manuka Honey
10 Best Manuka Honey Products in Malaysia
We took the liberty of compiling a list of the top Manuka honey products you can find on the Malaysian market today. These Manuka honey products provide soothing effects to sore throats and help maintain one’s general health.
Let’s dive right in!
Comvita is a popular New Zealand brand that manufactures raw and unpasteurized honey. The UMF certification speaks volumes about the quality of this honey. The Comvita pure Manuka honey has an exquisite taste and smooth consistency, which makes it very easy to consume.
You don’t have anything to lose by using this Manuka honey product to supplement your nutritional intake. It is definitely a contender for the best manuka honey in Malaysia. It can also improve your health and provide relief from cold and flu.
- Can be consumed with smoothies, tea, and a wide range of beverages
- It helps to remove bad bacteria from the body
- Beneficial for improving complexion
- Relatively expensive
- Hard to find in local stores
This Manuka honey is a raw and natural honey which is good for skin. Manuka Health is one of the leading names in the honey industry. People enjoy how rich and earthy this honey tastes. It has a smooth consistency and familiar flavor that freshens you up every morning. You can just add a teaspoon of honey to your morning tea.
- Pure and safe product to use daily.
- You can get relief from skin infections and allergies.
- Combines well with most beverages.
- Consistency changes, becoming thicker during colder seasons
- Not recommended for children below 12 years.
Rich in taste and with a dark hue, Nature’s Way brings you delicious honey all the way from Australia. This authentic raw manuka honey does not only give you glowing skin but also a healthy body. Packed with antimicrobial properties, this is the best Manuka honey for strengthening your immune system.
Nature’s Way Manuka honey meets international quality standards and does not contain artificial additives.
- Antioxidant properties improve stamina
- Helps to remove waste from the digestive system.
- Improved wound-healing ability
- Considerably expensive if you are consuming it daily
- Not recommended for people who suffer from fructose allergies.
Hailing from New Zealand, this is good-quality honey extracted from natural hives. This Manuka honey is a product of long-term scientific research.
One of the best points of Radiant Raw manuka honey is that it is neither processed nor blended with other ingredients. It is the best manuka honey in Malaysia with anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
- Safe for long-term consumption.
- Helps to treat acne and reduces dry skin.
- Improves the immune system in a matter of weeks.
- Not safe for infant consumption.
- Not as sweet as normal honey.
This Swisse product is a Vitamin C supplement combined with natural Manuka honey. This 2-in-1 supplement is a major boost to immune health. The refreshing lemon flavor makes it very easy to consume. It’s a great daily supplement to include in your diet. This particular supplement has also been reported to increase energy levels, making you feel more alert during the day. Plus, the small bottle fits in any bag during your long trips or tours. This honey has a delicious taste and velvety consistency.
- Contains no added sugar, sweeteners, or preservatives.
- Improves skin texture and outlook.
- Improves energy levels
- Not recommended for children under 2 years old
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
Made from natural sources of Manuka honey, Comvita honey has an authentic taste and rich aroma. This raw, unpasteurized and natural honey is made according to the highest standards. It is one of the most premium products for the body.
These Manuka honey sachets can be added to tea, smoothies, or any other drink. They’re quick and easy which is ideal for those with more hectic lifestyles.
- Helps to detoxify your body.
- Does not contain gluten or chemicals.
- Sachets are easy to carry in bags during travel.
- Not suitable for children under 1 year old.
- Not recommended for topical application.
NZHealth Naturally UMF15+ is natural honey extracted from Manuka flowers. This is safe and pure honey made in New Zealand by combining all the natural ingredients. It does not include preservatives, gluten, flavors, or colors.
If you want the best manuka honey, pick this product. It has a delicious taste and you can use it as an alternative to sweeteners in smoothies.
- It has no artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors.
- This honey improves skin immunity.
- It enhances the digestive tract and works well to cleanse the bowels.
- Not suitable for kids
- People with fructose allergies must not consume this product.
A powerful combination of vitamin C and Manuka honey will rejuvenate your body and skin. These drops are great to consume on the go. Moreover, these Manuka honey drops are enriched with Vitamin C, which boosts your immune system capability. On top of that, they taste good and are great for soothing sore throats.
- Improves overall skin health.
- Boosts immune system health.
- Individually wrapped and easy to consume
- Not easy to find in local stores
- The taste is not to everyone’s liking
Comvita makes the list again, now bringing Manuka honey in the form of tasty pops. These pops are available in 3 flavors. These lollipops help to fight throat infections in kids. They also build strong immune systems in children within a few weeks.
Kids will simply love consuming these pops. This product does not include added sugar, added flavors, or artificial sweeteners.
- Certified and organic Manuka honey
- Works well with vitamin C
- Easy for kids to consume.
- Soothing relief for sore throats and cough.
- Not suitable for children under 3 years old
- Not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Must be mindful of daily intake limit
This New Zealand honey is a superfood for the body and skin. Packed with anti-inflammatory properties, this Manuka honey helps to improve overall physical health.
It is gluten-free and does not contain artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors. It is a must-try product if you’re looking for a Manuka honey supplement.
- Combines easily with health drinks, smoothies, or juices.
- Helps to cure sore throats.
- Improves digestion.
- Strengthens immune system when consumed regularly.
- Slightly bitter taste.
- Very thick consistency.
Benefits of Manuka Honey
Manuka honey is a unique and rich type of honey that originated from New Zealand. Loaded with antibacterial properties, this type of honey has numerous benefits for your body. Let’s have a look at the benefits of the best manuka honey.
1. Soothes Sore Throat
This is one of the major benefits of consuming manuka honey. It relieves inflammation and has antibacterial properties which can dramatically reduce throat pain. It’s a great sidekick to have during those pesky colds.
2. Good for Skin
You would probably know that honey is beneficial for skin health. The antibacterial properties of manuka honey help to treat acne. Besides, this honey also eliminates bacteria that lead to the growth of acne on the face. You may find that your skin has visibly improved after consuming Manuka honey for only a handful of weeks.
3. Helps to Relieve Digestive Problems
If you suffer from stomach aches and gas regularly, start consuming a teaspoon of Manuka honey daily. It gives relief from constipation, stomach pain, and diarrhea. Those who consume this honey regularly will get a strong digestive system.
4. Get an Energy Boost
Physical weakness and mental tiredness is very common these days. It can disturb your routine badly. You should add little Manuka honey to your coffee or tea to get higher energy levels during the office or at school. It will revive your tired body and improve your overall energy levels.
5. One Solution for Many Problems
Manuka honey is one of the best foods that cure many health problems. It can vastly improve immunity and has a vast range of antibacterial properties. It has been proven to help quicken wound healing as well.
How to Choose the Right Manuka Honey?
So, now that you know what some of the best Manuka honey brands are, and what Manuka honey can do for you, how do you choose the right product for your needs?
Considering a few key factors will help you to choose the best manuka honey in Malaysia.
- Level or grade of Manuka honey
Unique Manuka factor is used to find out the amount of MGO in Manuka honey. UMF can be between UMF 5+ and UMF 20+. More UMF rating means a higher amount of antibacterial properties. Studies show that honey with UMF 10+ and more has high antibacterial properties. Honey with UMF 20+ and more is good to fight against bacteria. It is best to choose Manuka honey that is UMF certified and has 3 major compounds such as MGO, DHA, and Leptosperin.
- Genuine UMF Manuka Honey
Many consumers ask which manuka honey is best to buy. The answer is here. Experts suggest that Manuka honey with UMF 10+ and MGO 250+ is good for your body. According to the study, this honey has healing properties. It cures severe wounds and heals wounds quickly.
- Purity and Authenticity
When it comes to Manuka honey, purity is everything. Pure Manuka honey works like magic. There are some things that tell that manuka honey is pure such as:
- The front label of the bottle has the quality trademark UMF.
- The product is made in New Zealand.
- Honey packed and labeled in New Zealand.
- A company in New Zealand grants permission to use UMF trademark of high quality.
When you can see these things on the label, it means that manuka honey is authentic.
Manuka Honey can remain fresh for a long time. If stored properly and kept out of direct sunlight, good Manuka honey may not spoil for a long time. However, if tastes a little odd, that’s a sign that it’s not as fresh anymore.
- Consult a Healthcare advisor
The best way to get a trusted Manuka honey recommendation is by asking a healthcare advisor. These experts will check various factors in the honey such as MGO, DHA, and UMF. They will also check NPA in honey to find the quality of manuka honey. Plus, they can choose the product that’s most suitable for your body.
It’s clear that Manuka honey is a superfood for skin and health. Improve your immune system, soothe your throat and improve your general health with a Manuka honey supplement today. It’s highly beneficial and so rich in taste.
From the above products, our top pick is the Comvita UMF10+ Manuka Honey. However, for a more quick and easy option, we recommend the Swisse Ultiboost Vitamin C + Manuka Honey. These are the 2 best manuka honey brands with a long and prevailing reputation in the health and supplements industry.
Take your pick and enjoy a spoonful of Manuka honey today.
Frequently Asked Questions on Manuka Honey
1. How much Manuka Honey should I take per day?
Consuming 1 to 2 teaspoons of manuka honey daily is good for the digestive system. You can add honey to tea, smoothies, juice, or mocktails. It is also a good idea to spread a little manuka honey on bread or toast.
2. What level of Manuka honey is best?
Manuka honey with UMF 15+ is of premium quality. However, you can also choose honey with UMF10+ and more as it contains high antibacterial properties.
3. Any Side Effects when using Manuka Honey?
Manuka honey has some side effects on the body. It causes allergic reactions in people who have allergies to bee products. Apart from that, honey also increases blood sugar levels in diabetic patients.