What a nightmare to spend the whole day with chapped and peeling lips! Luckily, this can be easily avoided by using the best lip balm for dry lips Malaysia.
When buying a good lip balm, the main aim is to help keep your lips moisturized. However, smell, texture, application, and other factors may influence your purchase depending on your personal preference.
While everyone has their strong opinion on which is the best lip balm, we’ve compiled a list of the 21 best lip balms in Malaysia to help you navigate which to buy.
- 21 Best Lip Balm Malaysia
- 1. VASELINE Lip Therapy – Rosy Lips
- 2. NIVEA Lip Care Caring Lip Balm
- 3. SILKYGIRL Multi-Vitamin Lip Balm
- 4. Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm Beeswax
- 5. Eucerin Lip Active Lip Balm
- 6. Maybelline Baby Lips Love Color Lip Balm
- 7. Natural Tinted Lip Balm HYGR Hibiscus
- 8. BIOAQUA Moisturizing Hydrating Lip Balm
- 9. Eau Thermale Avène Cold Cream Nourishing Lip Balm
- 10. MyClinic Wendy Tinted Lip Balm
- 11. Himalaya Lip Balm
- 12. NIVEA Lip Balm Med Repair
- 13. Innisfree Canola Honey Lip Balm Honey
- 14. Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1
- 15. Rosenbov Lip Butter Balm
- 16. Sebamed Lip Defense Triple Protection
- 17. The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture-Protect Lip Balm
- 18. QV Lip Balm
- 19. Aloe Vera Lipstick Lip Balm
- 20. Mentholatum Therapy Lip Balm
- 21. Claire Organics Yummy Lips Intensive Lip Therapy
- Benefits of Using the Best Lip Balms
- Frequently Asked Questions
21 Best Lip Balm Malaysia
The VASELINE Lip Therapy – Rosy Lips, made from pure Vaseline jelly, is intended for all skin types and is available in four colors. A sheer pink tint is left behind as dry lips are instantly softened and soothed. This is one of the best drugstore lip balm Malaysia that aids in the retention of moisture, making your lips feel and appear softer.
- Comes in four variants
- Heals chapped lips fast
- Gives lips a natural, rosy tint
- The smell might irritate some
Looking for a lip care formula that will provide long-lasting nourishment for your lips? The unique NIVEA Lip Care Caring Lip Balm is developed with 100% naturally derived components, including jojoba oil. This lip balm has SPF 15 to help protect your lips from the sun’s damaging rays. It keeps lips hydrated enough for cold conditions without being sticky.
- Lightweight and comfortable on lips
- Hydrates and smoothen the lips
- With SPF 15
- Not suitable for acne-prone skin
Formulated with vitamins A, B, C, and E, the SILKYGIRL Multi-Vitamin Lip provides your lips with a daily boost of nourishment and hydration. It comes in three sheer shades of pink; sweet pink, candy pink, and rosy pink. By applying this strawberry flavored lip balm, it seals in moisture for up to 8 hours, keeping your lips soft and smooth.
- Contains SPF 15
- Locks moisture for 8 hours
- Rich in vitamin A, B, C and E
- Not fragrance-free
The Burt’s Bees Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm Beeswax is made with 100% natural, nourishing ingredients. This lip care features naturally hydrating ingredients like Beeswax to condition the skin; Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant and hydrates the skin, and peppermint oil leaves lips with that refreshing tingle.
- It contains 100% natural ingredients
- Softens and nourishes dry lips
- Doesn’t feel sticky on the lips
- Formulated without parabens or phthalates
- Contains citric acid and a minty sensation that might irritate sensitive skin
Recommended for extremely dry and cracked lips, the Eucerin Lip Active Lip Balm is one of the best lip balms for dry lips Malaysia. It contains the relaxing Licorice Extract, Dexpanthenol, and vitamin E to hydrate and soothe lips while also protecting them from UV rays. A regular application will instantly hydrate your lips while also protecting them from chipping and breaking.
- It contains SPF 15, Dexpanthenol, and vitamin E
- Ideal for treating rough lips
- Soothes and moisturizes
- Contains ingredients that can cause acne breakouts
Maybelline Baby Lips Love Color Lip Balm is a contender for the best tinted lip balm Malaysia can offer. It has an SPF of 20. This will keep your lips moisturized for six hours, and after a week of regular usage, you’ll find that your lips will be softer and more supple. Available in four shades, this lip balm is great for day wear as it has a reddish tint to it giving your lips a boost of color.
- Moisturizes and protects lips for up to six hours
- Features SPF 20
- Strong reddish tint
- It has a strong smell
Add a hint of pretty red color with Natural Tinted Lip Balm HYGR Hibiscus for a natural, everyday look. Made with 100% natural ingredients like jojoba oil and cocoa butter, this lip balm works to cover your skin with a protective barrier preventing it from losing moisture. It also contains natural plant-based ingredients that help to prevent skin aging and protect it from damaging UV rays.
- Contains a natural red pigment
- Rich in fatty acids & antioxidants
- Heal the dry lips
- Not suitable to those allergic to essential oils
The Aloe Vera in the BIOAQUA Hydrating Hydrating Lip Balm has a good moisturizing effect and can effectively eliminate lip wrinkles. It has a good moisturizing effect, which helps keep the lips hydrated and smooth for a long time. It also highlights the color of the lips.
- Made from natural ingredients
- Good hydrating effect
- Smoothen and brighten lip color
- Contains ingredients that may cause irritation
Recommended for cracked lips, the Eau Thermale Avène Cold Cream Nourishing Lip Balm nourishes, protects, and soothes dry lips that tend to feel tight and peeled. It is made from a traditional blend of ingredients from the French pharmacopeia and has a creamy texture that melts on the lips, leaving a subtle finish.
- It is water-resistant
- Smoothens and hydrates cracked lips
- Free from alcohol, paraben, and other chemicals
- Tint doesn’t stay on the lips
MyClinic Wendy Tinted Lip Balm is an all-natural lip balm that nourishes chapped lips. This lightweight lip balm is infused with natural plant extracts to give your lips a brilliant, sparkling pink color. With each use, it softens the lips and is suitable for everyone.
- Enriched with natural plant extracts
- Floral scented lip balm
- Free of paraffin, coloring, fragrance & other preservatives
- The scent may be unpleasant to some users
Thanks to its herbal blend, Himalaya Lip Balm treats painful and dried lips, even during the cold season. The natural oils and seeds organically treat your lips and provide complete nourishment. Since the lip balm is made entirely of organic ingredients, it is ideal for even the most sensitive skin.
- Protects lips against the drying effects of the cold
- Herbal remedy for chapped lips
- Free from harsh chemicals
- No SPF
NIVEA Med Repair Lip Balm gives you the relief you need and deserve for cracked lips! This unique, soothing formula with natural oils melts into your lips instantly, offering relief and keeping your lips moisturized for up to 24 hours. It also contains SPF 15, which protects your lips from the sun’s damaging rays.
- Moisturizes lips for 24 hours
- Provides instant relief
- Contains SPF
- It doesn’t last for long on the lips
If you like the scent of tea, this is the lip balm for you! Only harvested in April from yellow canola flower gardens, Innisfree Canola Honey Lip Balm Honey nourishes the skin with flavonoids and protein. It’s a nourishing lip balm that absorbs quickly and thoroughly, leaving lips smooth and nourished with a healthy sheen and a sweetly sweet scent.
- Available in different flavors
- Gentle and moisturizing
- Coats the lips for protection
- The smell might be a bit strong
Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 soothes and smooths chapped lips with Octinoxate and a light SPF 4 sunscreen. This lip balm, which has been a Kiehl’s classic since the 1960s, is made with squalene, Aloe Vera, cottonseed, and vitamin E to help protect lips from dehydration caused by wind and cold weather.
- Smoothes and moisturizes dry lips
- Contains SPF
- Available in Cranberry, Mint, or Mango
- Helps replenish the skin’s barrier
- It is expensive
The Rosenbov Lip Butter Balm is a smooth, vegan lip balm that instantly hydrates and soothes dry lips. Mango and murumuru butter are rich in this lip butter balm, which aids in treating cracked and chapped lips. It contains natural red clay, which gives you lovely coral lips, and it is suitable for everyone.
- Made from all-natural ingredients
- Nourishes and hydrates lips
- It doesn’t feel sticky or heavy
- Lacks SPF
Use Sebamed Lip Defense with SPF 30 to moisturize and protect your dry, chapped lips while protecting them from UV rays. It features a triple protection formula that helps to rejuvenate, nourish, and prevent chapped lips from damaging UV radiation. With a better defensive formula, you can now enjoy your lip care solution anytime you need it.
- It matches the skin’s natural pH of 5.5
- Contains no irritants
- A complete lip care solution
- It contains a strong fragrance
The Body Shop Lip Balm is formulated with vitamin E, coconut, and olive oils to provide intense melt-on moisture while protecting delicate lip areas from harsh weather conditions. It adds a hint of color to your lips, making them look more vibrant. SPF15 has been added to this lip balm to protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays.
- Infused with organic products
- With Vitamin E and SPF 15
- Hydrates and protect the lips
- A little hard to find
18. QV Lip Balm
To soothe and nourish dry or cracked lips, QV Lip Balm combines the advantages of a moisturizer with the protection of an SPF 30+ sunscreen. Even when you’re out in the wind and sun, it keeps your lips soft and smooth. The lip balm is designed for dry or sensitive skin and comes with a uniquely shaped glide-on applicator that’s gentle on the lips.
- Softens and protect dry or sensitive skin
- With SPF 30
- Free from fragrance, color, or lanolin
- It doesn’t stay on the lips for very long
The Aloe Vera Lipstick Lip Balm is a high-quality, long-lasting lip balm that is manufactured with natural ingredients like plant extracts. It provides your lips with a lush, sensual appearance, making you appear and feel sexier. As it responds to your body’s natural pH levels, this specially made gel glides on colorless at first, then gradually turns to shades of pink. So you have a unique lip color at different times.
- It is water-proof and long-lasting
- Color changing feature
- Keeps your lips hydrated
- Not easy to find
Mentholatum Therapy Lip Balm helps repair and protect dry and chapped lips. Using SPF15, this lip balm protects the skin against dangerous UV rays as it relieves discomfort with a fresh, soothing menthol sensation. This cool medicated lip balm is moisturizing and designed to replace hydration deep into the layers of your lips. The balm also quickly absorbs into the lips and does not produce flakiness.
- With SPF 15
- Fresh, cooling menthol sensation
- Relieves chapped lips caused by harsh weather
- Contains camphor which may cause irritation
Claire Organics Yummy Lips Intensive Lip Therapy with Rose Geranium contains rose geranium oil, which helps in hydrating dry, wrinkled, and aging skin. It also contains shea butter, which helps to diminish wrinkles and fine lines, as well as pure vitamin E, which reduces scarring. This is one of the best lip balms for those who frequently bite their lips due to dryness.
- Hydrates and smoothen lips
- Reduces wrinkles
- Protect lips against harsh weather conditions
- Has no SPF
Benefits of Using the Best Lip Balms
Here are some of the reasons why you need to incorporate the use of lip balm in your everyday routine;
- Get Supple and Plumper Lips
Applying lip balms can effectively help reverse the issue for good by hydrating and restoring the soft and supple appearance of the lips. Regular use of lip balm will help the lips retain their natural pink color, thus looking youthful. Other ways to keep your lips soft and moist is by using an exfoliating lip scrub.
- Treat Dry and Cracked Lips
When lips are dried out or cracked, they are called chapped lips. By applying the best drugstore lip balm Malaysia, you moisturize dried tissues and protect the area from exposure to different weather conditions. This helps to reduce pain and allows the lip tissue to heal.
- Protects Skin of Lips
Similar to your face and body, lips should also be protected from the sun. For maximum protection, ensure you buy a lip balm with SPF to keep your lips protected from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Adds Soft Natural Color to Lips
Aside from moisturizing, some lip balms will offer a hint of color. Using the best tinted lip balm Malaysia will add a hint of color to your lips without committing to the hyper-pigmented tones of lipstick. This is ideal for days when you don’t want to wear lipstick yet you want a spark of colour to complete your look.
- Lightweight and Comfortable to Use
Lip balm is a soft wax-like substance you apply to saturate and ease soreness. It is lightweight and comfortable on your lips to help shield them from dry air, wind, and cold temperatures. The best aspect is that you just need a small amount to obtain the same results as when using lotion or petroleum jelly.
- A Good Base for Lipstick
If you plan on wearing lipstick, applying a layer of the best lip balm will help ensure that your lipstick goes on smoothly, without any bumps. People who prefer matte lipsticks should use a lip balm before applying their colors to prevent their lips from looking cracked and peeled.
It is important to note that applying some lip balms might cause an allergic reaction to your lips. This is why people with sensitive skin types or those with eczema on lips are highly advised to look up ingredients before use.
Tired of being let down by lip balms that leave your lips feeling drier instead of softer? Now, we’ve made the journey a billion times easier with this list of the best lip balm in Malaysia!
If you are looking for the best lip balm for dry lips Malaysia that will hydrate your lips and still protect them from harmful UV rays, then pick Sebamed Lip Defense Triple Protection; however, if your fragrance is important to you, then Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm is your best option.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should you use lip balm every day?
Yes, it is safe for one to use lip balm every day; however, it is important to be strategic when you apply it. Don’t use it just before eating or drinking; otherwise, you might end up wiping it off by accident.
2. Can I use lip balm overnight?
Yes, you can put your lip balm on just before bed. Dry air-conditioned rooms that we sleep in may dry out our lips. Applying lip balm overnight gives your lips a chance to lock in moisture.
3. Can lip balm lighten dark lips?
Yes, using a lip balm, especially one with SPF, can help lighten dark lips. It aids in hydration and reduces sensitivity on the lips, which gradually works towards lightening their tone.