Edible bird’s nest is a highly-rated delicacy, most popular in Southeast Asia. It’s high in protein and has been a common ingredient in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries. Bird’s nest can be consumed in a variety of ways, available in forms like bird’s nest drinks or bird’s nest soup. It also exists as a supplement.
The modern market for health foods features an extensive variety of bird’s nest products. However, as the quality of some products is questionable, we recommend buying from the top bird nest brands, if you’re looking for the real thing.
If edible bird’s nests have piqued your interest, good news! We’ve curated a list of the ten best bird nest products in the Malaysian market today.
- 1. Kinohimitsu Bird’s Nest
- 2. Royal Birds Nest With Rock Sugar
- 3. BRAND’S Bird’s Nest with Rock Sugar
- 4. Sarangyan Collagen Birds Nest Drink
- 5. Eu Yan Sang Bird’s Nest
- 6. Nano Birds’ Nest Concentrate Premium Anti-Ageing
- 7. Kinohimitsu Snow Lotus Birds Nest
- 8. It’s Yen Original Bird’s Nest
- 9. Dragon Horse Bird’s Nest with White Fungus and Ginseng
- 10. ECOLITE Bird Nest Drink
- Guide for Choosing the Right Bird’s Nest Product
- Frequently Asked Questions
Kinohimitsu Bird’s Nest is a product of a high-quality bird’s nest and comes with rock sugar, white fungus, and American ginseng. This bird nest product is made up of all-natural ingredients with no flavoring, coloring, or preservatives. Yet, the product is exceptionally delicious and can be an excellent gift.
- It provides a gentle cooling experience and reduces inflammation.
- Promotes a better complexion and gives you radiant skin.
- Helps to regulate the respiratory system (good for those prone to colds)
- Pleasant taste
- Thick consistency might make it a little hard to drink.
This brand of bird’s nest focuses on maintaining the skin, smoothening it and returning its elasticity. It can be a great choice for pregnant women looking for a nutritional supplement in pregnancy. Besides that, this pure bird’s nest is high in active protein which helps to improve immunity and promote tissue growth. Most importantly, it can supply an unborn baby with nutrients to make them stronger and strengthen their resistance.
- Suitable for most people, including pregnant or lactating women
- Great supplement for heavy smokers
- Can reduce effects of chronic cough and asthma
- This particular variation can be hard to find.
BRANDS Bird’s Nest is a sugar-free product that comes in a small jar. The manufacturers have been producing it since 1982. Hence, they have combined advanced technology with traditional methods to deliver high-quality and premium bird’s nest drinks.
The product is 100% genuine, and it comes in a stringent manufacturing procedure that uses sweeteners alone to give its exquisite taste. Thus, it is free of flavoring, artificial coloring, and added preservatives.
- Provides a gentle cooling effect that reduces inflammation.
- Improves skin complexion and brightens skin
- Cleanses the lungs and respiratory system.
- Can be consumed chilled or warm.
- Those with food protein allergies should consult a doctor before consuming.
This bird’s nest drink features water-soluble proteins and is the ideal product for boosting energy levels of the body. It can increase stamina and provide a healthy boost to the cardiovascular system. This edible bird’s nest is also ideal for reinforcing immunity and supporting cell generation.
- Supplies the body with enough fat, carbohydrates, cellulose, and various minerals like iodine, phosphor, and calcium.
- Made of 60% water-soluble proteins and amino acids for boosting growth.
- Accelerates illness recovery.
- Needs to be finished upon opening
This bird’s nest product is delightfully sweet, but not overpoweringly so. It consists of edible bird’s nests and rock sugar solution. It helps to maintain youthful skin and reduce skin irritation or inflammation. Nourish your body with this top quality product from one of the leading bird’s nest brands in Malaysia.
- It features natural products alone.
- The product does not feature any added food stabilizers, artificial coloring, or preservatives.
- Pleasant taste
- Relatively expensive
- It is not apt for people allergic to fluid-like proteins such as eggs and milk.
Nano Birds’ Nest Concentrate is a highly rated beauty supplement. It contains honey which gives it a hint of all-natural sweetness. It originates from Japan, where its production is strict to JFRL, GMP, and JHNFA standards. This bird’s nest drink has powerful anti-aging effects and improves sleep quality.
- Suitable for the average user as it has no side effects
- No artificial stimulants, coloring, or preservatives.
- Improves sleep quality
- Anti-aging benefits for your body cells and skin.
- You should never consume more than two bottles per day.
- You must finish upon opening.
This product describes a 100% genuine deluxe quality birds’ nest that combines honey and snow lotus. The manufacturing procedure successfully fuses these two ingredients with the edible bird’s nest while retaining their nutrients. This health and beauty drink is an immune system booster and can improve skin complexion dramatically.
- Strengthens immunity
- Ensures healthy aging
- Beautifies skin
- Should be consumed immediately after opening.
This product features a pleasant texture and taste with excellent nutritional value. It can be a perfect option for nourishing the lungs and also promotes a stronger immunity. The best part of it is that the product is suitable for everyone.
- Does not contain food stabilizers, artificial coloring, or preservatives.
- Highly nutritious
- Taste is pleasant
- Not ideal for those allergic to fluid-like proteins (milk / eggs).
- Appearance might change since there are no preservatives.
This bird’s nest brand is made from a traditional recipe that’s full of nutritious qualities. This genuine bird’s nest product is beneficial for the skin and lungs, making it an excellent skin supplement. Its key ingredients include bird’s nest, American ginseng, sodium alginate, white fungus, and rock sugar solution. You can opt to dilute it with warm water or drink directly from the bottle.
- Does not contain flavoring or artificial coloring.
- Features no preservatives
- Rich in nutritional value and is good for lungs, skin and overall health.
- This brand can stay fresh on the shelf for an extended period without refrigeration.
- It loses its quality if it’s left for longer than 24 hours after you open it.
The product features permitted stabilizers, rock sugar solution, bird’s nest, and collagen as the key ingredients. The ECOLITE Bird Nest Drink does not contain added colorings or added preservatives. Thus, there may be some variations in color and general appearance. Besides, it comes in longan, original, and red date flavors which offers some variation for the consumer.
- Comes in multiple delicious flavors
- No added preservatives or colouring
- Easy to drink on the go
- You must consume it within 24 hours after opening it.
- May incur sedimentation
Guide for Choosing the Right Bird’s Nest Product
Although there are clearly numerous bird’s nest benefits, there is no guarantee that every bird nest product on the market is legitimate. Choosing your bird’s nest product from a well-established brand ensures that you get the best value for your money.
Brands like Kinohimitsu bird’s nest and Eu Yan Sang bird’s nest drinks are huge favorites for the quality of their edible bird’s nests and the added nutritional value from other added ingredients like honey or snow lotus. You can make the right choice by keeping in mind some of the following factors.
Level or Grade of Bird Nest
Different bird nest brands feature different grades of bird’s nest. Thus, it would be best to check on the packets for the level available. Hence, you may choose the one suitable for your requirements depending on how the manufacturers prepared it. A natural bird nest with minimal or no other chemical ingredients is generally a better choice.
You ought to purchase bird nests from a certified company. Ensure that you research the brands you find further and look for the certification logos on the packages. In general, accredited vendors process natural bird nests free from ingredients that can cause adverse health effects.
Purity and Authenticity
Before consuming a bird’s nest, it would be best to ensure that the brand contains a genuine bird’s nest. Some bottled bird’s nests may not be real bird’s nests. Ensure that you look for products that promise natural bird’s nest.
Some products may contain unnecessary ingredients like preservatives or added coloring that may be harmful to your body in the long run. The natural product, if stored correctly and consumed within the recommended period, already tends to have a pleasant taste without any additives.
Check With A Healthcare Advisor
It’s always a good idea to check with your healthcare professional when making changes to your diet. Those who have food sensitivities or allergies to certain proteins or dairy products may need to consult their doctor to ensure that this superfood is the right choice for their bodies. Allergic reactions are definitely possible, and it’s always better to be on the safe side by seeking medical advice before consuming bird’s nests every day.
Bird’s nest can be a beneficial product for your skin, lungs, and overall health since it is high in protein. Yet, it would be best to ensure that you choose the best brands that provide natural edible bird’s nests. This article has discussed several factors that you consider choosing the best brands. It has also provided a list of products that might be suitable for you. If you have a brand of bird’s nest to recommend that didn’t make our list, leave us a comment!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which country bird nest is best?
Countries with the best bird’s nests include Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, and China.
2. What level of bird nest is best?
Grade AAA nests are rare and have more health benefits than other options. For that reason, they are more expensive.
3. Any Side Effects when using a bird nest drink?
This would depend on the person and their preexisting allergies. For some, bird’s nest consumption might result in life-threatening health conditions like anaphylaxis. Therefore, it’s a good idea to consult a medical professional before making it a big part of your diet.